S
skunk
what time?

E
Eastcoastborn
Early I want to beat the weather..... start at sunrise...like 7-7:30

E
Eastcoastborn
just sent PM. going to bed. anyone else that might want to go can PM me and we can meet in the morning. I will check the forum again before I leave.

W
waco
i would but my car broke down!!! but good luck!!! let us know how the creek looks!!!

Last edited:
O
OnTheDrop
its at 17.6.... stay home.

troutdude
troutdude
Why do so many peeps, simply say "stay home" during high water? The fish are still in the rivers. Isn't it just a matter of switching tactics and / or gear, and knowing where they hold, to still catch some fish?

N
nativefish
troutdude said:
Why do so many peeps, simply say "stay home" during high water? The fish are still in the rivers. Isn't it just a matter of switching tactics and / or gear, and knowing where they hold, to still catch some fish?
This guy might be on to something... The main river should be on the drop today so the creek should be perfect and loaded with fish although high, good luck. Looks like it is forecasted to blow out again the next couple days and then the rest of the week looks nice nice nice

S
slimyguts
Depending on the river level, I find it better to stay home due to most spots i like to fish have almost no bank access left, espically if the kid wants to come. Not a safe environment for the kid and sometimes even sketchy for me. And I have and hate to drive for 45 min just to turn around.

F
fishingfreak
I have seen the Creek at that level. If you can drift with 10oz of lead, or float with a bouy good luck. It is very Dangerous. Whats the Sign say "Stay Alive Stay out of the Water" or something in that manner.

F
Flymstr
High water fish are the best fighters.
Go ahead and stay home. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

F
fishingfreak
Flymstr said:
High water fish are the best fighters.
Go ahead and stay home. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I will be out there this week high levels or not. My agenda for the night break out the heavy gear.

C
capblack
its better to fish high water than sit at home on your a...pples. besides, theres less people on the river. can't wait to hear how the guys did today. Brian

O
OnTheDrop
ok then lets here some reports... the reason i said stay home is cause its 2 ft away from flood stage. I know you can still catch fish in high water i love to fish it when its up and the fish are moving in different places changing my tactics... but when the creek is that high its a bit ridiculous... howd anyone do in the HIGH water?

F
Flymstr
HMMMMMMMMM. They like soft water when it's running like this. They also like to attack.

kirkster
kirkster
Well all im reporting is to the ones who voted to stay home is thanks for leaving it wide open. Your right it is high. But there are tactics to fish high water. I hit the creek at legal and was headin home with a smile at 9:00 am. Hey chad sorry once I lost phone service with ya I never got to ask you what you were drivin. Maybe we will meet up next time bro.

Y
youngbuck307
Ff buddy went yesterday and sai it was high but not as high as u would think with clack this high creek isn't getting the snow melt the clack is I think it hasn't rained that much up here so water jumping up has to do with tha lower snow we had melting off lot of the low hill that did have snow dont anymore

F
fishingfreak
youngbuck307 said:
Ff buddy went yesterday and sai it was high but not as high as u would think with clack this high creek isn't getting the snow melt the clack is I think it hasn't rained that much up here so water jumping up has to do with tha lower snow we had melting off lot of the low hill that did have snow dont anymore

I am a Hitting it for the rest of the week. Yippeee! Thanks Kirkster! I wish I was not working today Dammit man!

Y
youngbuck307
Not worth ur time better to stay at home thinking about fishin.... See u tomorrow bro

F
fishingfreak
youngbuck307 said:
Not worth ur time better to stay at home thinking about fishin.... See u tomorrow bro

OH YA! Im ready for some more fishing! See ya in the AM.