Fishing tomorrow at the Siuslaw

K
kwikfisher
Have decided to fish the incoming high tide in the late morning early afternoon as opposed to crack o dawn low tide. Going to fish down below the 101 bridge and drop crab pots also. What's more important first light, or high tide for possible chinook?

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
my vote is high tide, 2 hours before to 1 hour after. I heard of some nooks caught today upstream from the launch, so sounds like more have moved in...

K
kwikfisher
Nice to hear, thanks Roger!

Markk
Markk
kwikfisher said:
Have decided to fish the incoming high tide in the late morning early afternoon as opposed to crack o dawn low tide. Going to fish down below the 101 bridge and drop crab pots also. What's more important first light, or high tide for possible chinook?
I think both are good times if you have to pick one or the other the
incoming high tide would be my vote. Fish are being caught above the bridge also.

K
kwikfisher
Heard of a couple chinooks caught, saw a nice 25# plus at dock. 8 keeper Dungeness saved my no fish day.

F
FPEugene
I went out Saturday and only saw two caught, talked to a few others who had caught fish. According to the fish checker in Florence 16 came in on Friday.

R
rippin fish lips
BOO all you report chasers and makers.... haha. JK been there done that.... I like to chase the fish when they first arrive. Not follow a bunch of reports, or make reports of how many fish the ODFW guy saw caught/counted. BET THE SEWER SLAW IS A ZOO ALREADY with what i have seen posted on here. None of these water bodies have names here, noneeeeeeeee. There is no fish on the west coast either right now. All you know this is the time of year fish start poking in.... Time to get out there and fish and not SEND THE CROWDS saying how many fish you seen caught, especially on the interweb.

Most of all, i bet most of the systems on the coast have a few fish already. Pick a system get out there and learn it. Learn to not send crowds every where. Pretty simple. We have all been there, but it's just bad this year. too many reporters and report chasers, not enough of you getting out there and figuring it out lol. So many resources other then the web that tell you when fish arrive on these systems. Name dropping and number shouting KILLS FISHING SPOTS and areas. so bad soioooo bad lol

K
kwikfisher
rippin fish lips said:
BOO all you report chasers and makers.... haha. JK been there done that.... I like to chase the fish when they first arrive. Not follow a bunch of reports, or make reports of how many fish the ODFW guy saw caught/counted. BET THE SEWER SLAW IS A ZOO ALREADY with what i have seen posted on here. None of these water bodies have names here, noneeeeeeeee. There is no fish on the west coast either right now. All you know this is the time of year fish start poking in.... Time to get out there and fish and not SEND THE CROWDS saying how many fish you seen caught, especially on the interweb.

Most of all, i bet most of the systems on the coast have a few fish already. Pick a system get out there and learn it. Learn to not send crowds every where. Pretty simple. We have all been there, but it's just bad this year. too many reporters and report chasers, not enough of you getting out there and figuring it out lol. So many resources other then the web that tell you when fish arrive on these systems. Name dropping and number shouting KILLS FISHING SPOTS and areas. so bad soioooo bad lol

Sounds like the localism BS I grew up with surfing...Sorry dude, but crowded is a way of life in 2015. Lots of fisherman out there, and lots of grapevines.

R
rippin fish lips
kwikfisher said:
Sounds like the localism BS I grew up with surfing...Sorry dude, but crowded is a way of life in 2015. Lots of fisherman out there, and lots of grapevines.

Haha it's all good. It's just how the NW is really lol. Lout of outdoorsy type people and stuff. It's addicing for sure. Im way late, but for quick unplanned trips, if you can hit it on any part of incoming or at hightide you got a good bet. Low tide can be good for nooks too.

F
FPEugene
WOW that was really negative. I thought the point of these forums was to share information.