Fishing this weekend??

R
ryan808
Looks like we will have a break in the weather, who's fishing this weekend?

T
tomriker
i bet colby will be! i should go, but im in full fledged duck hunting mode this time of year :)

Last edited:
C
colbypearson
tomriker said:
i bet colby will be! i should go, but im in full fledged duck hunting mode this time of year :)

true that, i will be out there atleast once.

F
Finneus Polebender
will be out this weekend fo sure might be down sixes way not sure yet!

C
cbrimhall
I was noticing the break in the weather as well, haven't cast anything in a month, so I'm probably gonna wind up somewhere. You going anywhere Ryan?

R
ryan808
I want to get out and fish, let me know.

C
cbrimhall
I'm open for most of the weekend, the question is where to go. Any ideas? Most of the rivers would be high and fast I'm guessing, so I'm thinking lake or pond.

C
Coastaldweller
The Elk river just jumped to 8+ feet today and rising. Best fishing is done at around 5ft. The elk almost always drops and clears out faster than the sixes. This might save you a lot of driving for nothing.

R
ryan808
Thanks for the tip about Elk, but that might be a little too far for me to get skunked, thanks though. I was think somewhere in the Portland area. Was thinking about trying St Paul. Any other takers?

M
Moe
I am gonna hit up a pond by my house on saturday, maybe get my first bass.

R
ryan808
What pond is this? can I put a toon in? :D

M
Moe
Yes you can and it is Bethany Pond in beaverton and I have heard of some good sized bass in there too. I seen someone catch a 18 inch largemouth in there.

T
tomriker
catchin' babies eh?

F
Finneus Polebender
tomriker said:
catchin' babies eh?

Sounds like some more pesky 3-4 lbers there TR ! LOL . Yeah last word on the sixes was not lookin good will prob be keepin my options and ears open for a bass outing this weekend . More like just an outing this time of year but have keep seeing if I can make that first ever Dec bass a reality . Thinkin CP could fool one, well its never say die time made easy when you can whimp out and be home in minutes if she turns ugly on ya! So will just depend on work sched. will fish at least 1 day.

C
colbypearson
Finneus Polebender said:
Sounds like some more pesky 3-4 lbers there TR ! LOL . Yeah last word on the sixes was not lookin good will prob be keepin my options and ears open for a bass outing this weekend . More like just an outing this time of year but have keep seeing if I can make that first ever Dec bass a reality . Thinkin CP could fool one, well its never say die time made easy when you can whimp out and be home in minutes if she turns ugly on ya! So will just depend on work sched. will fish at least 1 day.

you can't land the pigs from your house :) well i will hopefully do some damage this weekend, if so i will post it here "decent" fish and all

*believe it or not my last bass of 2009 was 11-26-2009, but i think i can still fool em good enough, it was colder somehow last year i know that either that or i am much less of a whiner becuase i really remember some icy waders every trip last november, plus i was really busy with school last year, anyways i will let you all know if i trick one ;)*

T
tomriker
you know how it is FP with those stupid 3-4 pounders that ALWAYS catch! it gets annoying after awhile that we aren't landing anything bigger!

R
ryan808
I'll take those lousy 3-4 lbs.ers anyday over them 3-4 oz.ers ill probably catch tomorrow. We'll see how it goes tomorrow, I'm bring out the plastic arsenal tomorrow. FP you need to break that rod in, you want me to make a trip down south?

T
Throbbit _Shane
I was thinking the same thing. 3-4lbers sound like fun to me :D

T
tomriker
i think the only time i'm free this month on a weekend is the 18th and 19th, if it's nice out thoes days you'll have to come down Ryan and FP come up and then he can try is pole!

F
Finneus Polebender
tomriker said:
i think the only time i'm free this month on a weekend is the 18th and 19th, if it's nice out thoes days you'll have to come down Ryan and FP come up and then he can try is pole!

That sounds perfect ! I am lookin at sun morn perhaps tomorrow afternoon at best for fishin this weekend . You are always welcome to fish my ponds Ryan that big one has some just waiting for ya to show me how to finnese drop shot em . can take ya right to them they are there like clockwork . I can't get them to touch nothin though? Will be up your way by the 12th if you decide to stay north this weekend its a long drive for not much action . I bet if the weather is good could be lookin to break in my new rod At TRs .If I am to catch my first christmas bass think it is my best shot / hope? Figure you will come right? We gotta do some trollin for lunkers next trip too?