Fishing the Mckenzie tomorrow, will let you all know how we do..

D
Damon79
Going to fish the Mckenzie tomorrow and will let everyone know how we do. My guide friend has fished us from his boat several time now, so it's my turn to take him.. Hope we get into some fish..

C
Cohosanders
Sweet a full report would be awesome since I will be visiting there in 2 weeks. Good luck out there!!!!!!!!

F
Finneus Polebender
Hope you all knock em dead look forward to a report

D
Damon79
Damon79 said:
Going to fish the Mckenzie tomorrow and will let everyone know how we do. My guide friend has fished us from his boat several time now, so it's my turn to take him.. Hope we get into some fish..
Ok fellow OFF members, I have a great report for everyone today. Hit the river at 5:30 this AM and spent some time trying to catch a Steelhead or two, with no luck. Tried running a diver and bait in a few places for Chinook, and nothing. After getting below Greenwood drive, we pulled up into a hole to back bounce, and got our first fish on the second cast, about a 15 pounder. We proceeded to pull two more fish from this same hole in about two hours or so. Had several other hits, but missed them.. To make a long story short, we hooked three, landed three and all clipped hens. Had a great day on the river, good food and good company. My friend (Curt Currey's Guide Service) clearly knows the river well and hooked us up with some very nice eggs, which we caught all three fish on.. We saw a total of about 15 or so fish hooked and most of them landed.. Very nice sunny day, got a little red skin going on, but hey, it is all worth it when you bite into one of these things... Good luck to all and stay safe---- Tight lines.

T
TTFishon
Awesome job!!! Looks like a great day on the river!

N
nwkiller
nice job guys and gals

N
natro
Hey nice fish. I'm still trying to get something out of the river.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Thanks for the uplifting report and great pics. You're right,it was a great day on the water for all three of you. Looks like an ideal way to spend the day to me. Those all three look like they will make great dinners! Good fishing and good for you!

F
fishingfreak
Good job! those are some beautiful looking fish!

T
Thuggin4Life
Way to go man! Nice fish and a nice day.

troutdude
troutdude
Dear Redskin...

Glad you had a fun trip!

M
metalfisher76
Nice job guys!! The sun got to a lot of us lately!

C
Cohosanders
Nice report and nice fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like I will be on the Mac in a week. Way to get into some great looking fish:clap:

D
Damon79
Thanks to you all. I had a great time yesterday, and will definitely enjoy eating these beauties... Hope to get out again soon, it is just quite a drive from my place in Veneta.. Looks like the Nooks are still coming up river, and the Steelies are still coming strong.. Many more trips to be had by all for both fish... Tight lines everyone.....

S
Steelyfishn
Damon79 said:
Thanks to you all. I had a great time yesterday, and will definitely enjoy eating these beauties... Hope to get out again soon, it is just quite a drive from my place in Veneta.. Looks like the Nooks are still coming up river, and the Steelies are still coming strong.. Many more trips to be had by all for both fish... Tight lines everyone.....
Nice fish!!! I had an chance to get out yesterday. Floated greenwood to leaburg. I got on the water about 5 am 1/2 hour on the water I was pulling plugs for nooks and managed to hook into a 12lb steely. Beautiful buck that fought like a champ. An hour later hooked into a 20-25lb native nook that gave me a fight of my life. What a brute that fish was and returned him untouched with fight still in him enough energy to atleast give me a refreshing early morning bath. Bite was strong early on and tappered OFF early afternoon. A lot of boats on the water though for a tuesday... Good luck to all !!!

troutdude
troutdude
Steelyfishn said:
Nice fish!!! I had an chance to get out yesterday. Floated greenwood to leaburg. I got on the water about 5 am 1/2 hour on the water I was pulling plugs for nooks and managed to hook into a 12lb steely. Beautiful buck that fought like a champ. An hour later hooked into a 20-25lb native nook that gave me a fight of my life. What a brute that fish was and returned him untouched with fight still in him enough energy to atleast give me a refreshing early morning bath. Bite was strong early on and tappered OFF early afternoon. A lot of boats on the water though for a tuesday... Good luck to all !!!

I'm mighty glad that you got your bath at 6 a.m. I thought that there was something downwind! LOL

Way to go. Man, doing battle with that brute was a blast I bet!!!

D
Damon79
Hitting to Mckenzie again on Sunday. Happy Father's Day to me, from my wife and youngest boy.. We will float from The dam to Leaburg again in search of Steel and Chinook. Will let you all know how we do again after the trip. Hope to be able to post more pics of fish.. Anyone else gonna be up there that wants to hook up for a shuttle?

F
fishingfreak
Good Luck! Happy Fathers Day! Hope you guys knock em Dead on Fathers Day!

Tight Lines!

LA

D
Damon79
Well the Mckenzie did not pay out for us today. Went from the dam to Leaburg and got nothing other than one little trout. Saw a few fish caught along the way, but saw many others hooked and lost. Maybe next time will be better. Hope so.

F
Finneus Polebender
Awesome deal way to nail them guys!