Fishing @ Smith Rock

foam-is-home

Has anybody else fished Smith Rock? The spots I tried were very easy to access from the parking lot and only had small browns. I did catch a decent size whitefish too, but wondering if anyone has had luck catching big browns here (anything over 6-7" lol)? I don't like fishing spots multiple times and I'm wondering if it's worth going back or not.

Thanks!
Brian

Irishrover

Most Featured
I used to have a place close to Smith Rock, but passed on fishing it. The fishing was always better of hwy 27 below Bowman dam from mile post 12 to mp 19. Lower Bridge on the Deschutes was another spot close to the Smith Rock area that I enjoyed fishing.

Snopro

Has anybody else fished Smith Rock? The spots I tried were very easy to access from the parking lot and only had small browns.
I'm not sure what river you were fishing?

The Crooked R flows through Smith Rock state park but only has rainbows and whitefish. It's been years since I've fished it. Does it have browns now?

The Deschutes up stream of LBC isn't too far away and has browns.

foam-is-home

I'm not sure what river you were fishing?

The Crooked R flows through Smith Rock state park but only has rainbows and whitefish. It's been years since I've fished it. Does it have browns now?

The Deschutes up stream of LBC isn't too far away and has browns.
I caught 4 small brown trout.

*Edit: maybe they were actually rainbows? They were really small and looked brown to me, but that would make more sense then! I've been looking at some Google images and that would be an easy mistake to make (especially since I'm new at this lol). Thanks for the info!

Last edited:

foam-is-home

I used to have a place close to Smith Rock, but passed on fishing it. The fishing was always better of hwy 27 below Bowman dam from mile post 12 to mp 19. Lower Bridge on the Deschutes was another spot close to the Smith Rock area that I enjoyed fishing.
Thanks! I'll have to check those out.

for ads free experience.

Top Bottom