Lakes Scott Lake Fishing Reports

jtreagan
jtreagan
So, checked out Scott Lake Monday. Did a little fishing with worms from the shore. Lots of little jumpers (3-4") catching air out from the grass near the shore. Caught one 7" rainbow that I threw back. Pretty little thing. I wasn't really serious about my fishing that day. Has anyone fished Scott Lake enough to tell me if I can expect to catch some larger fish? I plan on going back with my fly tackle, but don't want to waste a day on tiny things like I saw Monday. They're fun to catch, but it's also easy to damage them too much when removing the hooks. (I left the hook in the one I did catch.) Thanks!

Reactions: Admin
hobster
hobster
I absolutely love Scott lake! I have camped there with my family for many years, although it’s been a while since I’ve been up there. Last time was during a drought and it was super low. I’ve used a float tube and had some success with flies, but the fish were generally smaller. There are several lakes within close hiking distance that have better fishing. The largest is only a mile away or so, forget the name but worth checking out!

jtreagan
jtreagan
@hobster Thanks for replying. The map shows that Scott Lake is actually the first in a chain of three lakes. Are those other two lakes the ones that have better fishing?

hobster
hobster
Yeah the first lake after Scott is the best, pretty sure it’s Benson lake. It’s by far the largest and deepest. Float tube if you want to hike a little over a mile with it or bank fish for trout. Best fishing lake up there. Several small lakes further up I’ve tossed dry flies at, they are shallow and you can sight fish from above. Fun stuff!

Top Bottom