Fishing reports

T
Throbbit _Shane
I just got a very interesting private message on a different online fishing forum. Im not gonna let this guy or any other guys out there discourage me from posting reports. I may have been posting a lot of them lately, but we've had some good video and pictures of winter steelhead! So i want to get your guy's thoughts on this. Ill tell you how i feel. I could care less if the entire state of oregon knows where i fish. They could goto the same spot with the same technique and still not get into them. Fishing isn't just knowing where fish were caught. You gotta have a lot of things going in your favor to get the fish to take your offering. Well here's the PM i got this evening after i got home from a skunk outing.

"Just want you to know in advance... It might seem great to you to show your fish to everyone and get praises for how well your doing... There are LOTS of lurkers for info on where people are catching fish. I assure you that you are ******* A LOT of people off because everyone who reads what you put on ALL OF THE WEBSITES then it get VERY CROWDED where you are fishing. I have seen you many times on the water... Showing your fish might be great... But be curtious to everyone else out there that is putting time in on the water to find fish and everyone is there, people all fish different and when there becomes enough in a stretch of river there are LOTS of fights... Just remember that everyone knows who you are and it might start to show quite a bit by how people interact with you. Seen a few guys get the crap kicked out of them for their INTERNET REPORTS... I don't care either way but it is going to get VERY CROWDED WHERE YOU FISH by putting where you are on ALL websites. Congrats on your success"

M
metalfisher76
F that dude, UM PERIOD!

Yer catchin fish! Yer postin, braggin, tellin, explainin, givin up a..... F THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM!
um period,

I will say this...yer on purty good size water. People post way more about the sandy, up here! And still! are the ONLY ones to post.
You got yer water figured out. Be proud bro, they all want to do that!

T
tomriker
start carying a pistol with ya :) i think it's a threat, you should report him to the mods

T
Throbbit _Shane
I dont own a gun but i may start carrying my dads pistol. Ill at least start carrying my fillet knife with me.

Im not gonna report him but i did give him a reply.

I think people are getting jealous. Maybe i should get a job so i can't post reports as much LOL

M
metalfisher76
A job, mmmmm. Sounds kewl! Hook a brotha up:) I can do stuff:lol:

T
Throbbit _Shane
some guy fishing from the bank last week told me this " working is for people who can't fish" lol

T
tomriker
i know it's a little different circumstances but when i hunt i always carry my 357 on my hip and my ruger .380 in my chest pocket. the 380 is nice because it's so small and easy to just slip in a pocket

M
Mad dog
Ha,ha....probably a guide whining!!! Or some BUTT hurt individual that can't catch a steelhead and is jealous....or just your run of the mill internet fishing/hunting forum god!!! :rolleyes: Man, I hate the internet sometimes! :mad: Pretty funny that he thinks your posts will ruin the Rogue when there are 100 guide boats out there showing dudes where to fish everyday! Not a lot of secrets on that river!

You do have to be very careful with what you disclose to the public though....I keep a pretty tight lip about info on a lot of places I fish! Too many Trolls! :naughty:

Diehard
Diehard
Throbbit _Shane said:
some guy fishing from the bank last week told me this " working is for people who can't fish" lol

i love it i wish i had that problem they wont give me a day off and i totally agree with metalfisher screw them keep the pics and reports comin and great job i wish i had that job

T
Throbbit _Shane
This isn't my job. I wish it were. I just really enjoy fishing. And lately iv been fishing with my two friends who have drift boats :D

M
metalfisher76
Mad dog said:
Ha,ha....probably a guide whining!!! Or some BUTT hurt individual that can't catch a steelhead and is jealous....or just your run of the mill internet fishing/hunting forum god!!! :rolleyes: Man, I hate the internet sometimes! :mad: Pretty funny that he thinks your posts will ruin the Rogue when there are 100 guide boats out there showing dudes where to fish everyday! Not a lot of secrets on that river!

You do have to be very careful with what you disclose to the public though....I keep a pretty tight lip about info on a lot of places I fish! Too many Trolls! :naughty:

OMG! I promise YOU! he`s aware bro... GOSH, he`s having fun and sharing! People!!! Did, EVEN 1 of you (warning/complaining/WARNING:naughty: him, take a look at how many posts he has? He knows this game! And you look a lot dummer than he does, promise:lol:

brandon4455
brandon4455
what a dillweed.. just pack a knife or a 9mm with you and always tel family or friends where you are going. and bring a buddy with you. ive been in your situation before. some punk was talking **** to me last year calling me a flosser for fishing corkies and sandshrimp in a pocket that was smaller then the big crowded hole. you know what i did? i said shut your %&$^in mouth dude if you don't like the way i fish then don't fish here or come closer to me. then my dad told him to #&$^ off. not the best way to deal with it but if you make a scene other people will notice and they are less likely to try somthing.

Last edited:
T
Thuggin4Life
BAsiccally can't say anything that hasn't been said. I would love some guy to assault me while i am fishing. isn't gonna end well for him i promise. go get yourself a gun shane. I have been packing my ol ladies pink 38. you think it matter s when i pull out my pink gun either way it aint gonna end well for the recipient.

B
Bad Tuna
I didn't really read a threat there, but the guy does have a point. I would never advocate violence for a fishing report.
The guy was correct in the fact that if you post reports, it often makes others fish where you are. Sure, they may not be successful, but sometimes the added pressure can kill the bite, or plug a river with boats making it hard for you to fish. Sometimes you may not care, but it may mess it up for others. I have seen this happen several times. Do whatever you like, i dont fish down there much, just posting an opinion.

T
Throbbit _Shane
What if no one posted fishing reports? Then all this place would be about is stupid carp discussions... :D

Reactions: bigsteel
C
colbypearson
Throbbit _Shane said:
What if no one posted fishing reports? Then all this place would be about is stupid carp discussions... :D

rep rep rep rep rep rep rep rep rep rep rep rep rep rep rep rep rep

M
meluvtrout
Just ignore the farty dude!

Also don't listen to any story about carrying guns either! It's the dumbest advise anyone can give you.
-this is not a war zone
-you're a teenager or couple years older
-if you pull a gun out on someone you have only one option
-don't be stupid!
-if you get harassed on a public form request ip of the person from the moderators, this is your legal right.

C
colbypearson
Bad Tuna said:
I didn't really read a threat there, but the guy does have a point. I would never advocate violence for a fishing report.
The guy was correct in the fact that if you post reports, it often makes others fish where you are. Sure, they may not be successful, but sometimes the added pressure can kill the bite, or plug a river with boats making it hard for you to fish. Sometimes you may not care, but it may mess it up for others. I have seen this happen several times. Do whatever you like, i dont fish down there much, just posting an opinion.

i agree with you though i stopped posting real reports because of spot burners, over fishing possibly due to me, people nagging me for excess info and spots.... i always like to help but theres a border between people bieng curious and wanting to learn and them straight up wanting to keep my spots "warm" ........ :rolleyes:

B
Bad Tuna
Personally I don't post fresh reports on smaller waters. Sure, lower Willamette, Columbia, Detroit lake etc, post away. If im posting about the Nestucca, Umpqua, small hike in lake etc, I'll wait a week or so before posting a report.
About 3 years ago, a buddy and I fished Suttle lake for Brown trout in March, but couldn't keep Kokanee off the hooks. Limit is 25. Limits were normal in just a couple hours. First day we were the only boat, next day there was another boat trolling, we were jigging. My buddy goes home and posts it on Iflush. The next weekend there were 21 boats jigging the south end for kokanee. At the boat ramp, two different guys told us they read about it on the Internet. These guys hammered the big Kokanee all spring. Since then, I haven't caught a koke over 10", and not even close to a limit. Even if I discount the size and numbers of fish, that was still a dramatic increase in pressure on a smaller mountain lake.

E
eat, sleep, fish
I posted on the other forum as well, but don't let them get to you Shane. I wouldn't worry about what he said at all.

And to anyone that hasn't fished the Rogue before. Most of it is shoulder to shoulder fishing, especially on weekends, but it's a pretty big river with plenty of access. The Rogue gets very few internet posts compared to other rivers and yet its always very crowded during the peak of each fishing season. People posting a few reports isn't going to change anything, especially with so many miles of river to hit if you want to get away from the crowds. Last year I fished during the peak of springer season by myself unless I invited a few friends. All it takes is hiking a bit away from the crowds and you've got the place to yourself.