Fishing report for Hosmer and East lake

A
Ammodog
My dad hit Hosmer Monday and on a float tube caught over 15 with the largest an Atlantic salmon around 20 inches. There was no snow Monday at the lake. My guess its dropped a little over the past few days.

East lake.......

err... yea.... My uncle was talking to a older retired gentleman and his buddies at a gas station in La Pine. They had just came from East Lake and had caught their limit by 10am. They averaged around 14 inches on the Kokanee..

When my uncle explained the lake was closed they were a bit shocked and he referred them to the Fishing regs... They did say they now know why they were the only ones on the lake..... Good news is the Kokanee should be large this year :) WHEN THE LAKE OPENS.....

O
OnTheDrop
Crazy. I've been fishing East Lake since I was 3. Never been able to go up the 18mile road until May. Going to make for some interesting fishing at the end of the month...

P
playhooky
Fishing report for Hosmer and East lake

Ammodog said:
My dad hit Hosmer Monday and on a float tube caught over 15 with the largest an Atlantic salmon around 20 inches. There was no snow Monday at the lake. My guess its dropped a little over the past few days.

East lake.......

err... yea.... My uncle was talking to a older retired gentleman and his buddies at a gas station in La Pine. They had just came from East Lake and had caught their limit by 10am. They averaged around 14 inches on the Kokanee..

When my uncle explained the lake was closed they were a bit shocked and he referred them to the Fishing regs... They did say they now know why they were the only ones on the lake..... Good news is the Kokanee should be large this year :) WHEN THE LAKE OPENS.....

Wish I'd seen this before I posted (regarding Hosmer). Sounds good!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brandon4455
brandon4455
as far as i know with very good inside info, east lake is still snowed in up the road. i wouldn't believe that report to be genuine.

jamisonace
jamisonace
I'd be surprised if it was ever snowed in this year. I've crossed both Santiam and willamette passes multiple times this winter and never saw any significant pack. I realize east lake is higher but I just don't see much snow up there.

Surprisingly, I was on Santiam pass on Wednesday and there was 9" of new snow. My first "winter" experience this year.