Fishing Oxbow this morning..

Z
zug
people beat us to the hole this morning :( they hooked into a steelhead and a good size native. we hooked into a good size steelhead but lost it in the shallow water. Today was a good day to be fishing. packed up around 11 when the first campers decided to come down and throw rocks 50 feet from us ( uhg )

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
I will never understand people who chuck boulders into the water or bring the kids and dogs down to play where folks are trying to fish. Never. :sad:

B
Big3d
Gggrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Some people have no manners...

S
sapo
@BigBoy ik, I was fishing a nice hole at oxbow earlier in the season and we were getting some hits, then a bunch of little kids starting screaming and throwing rocks in the water. The fly fisherman tried to ignore them, but we packed up and left as soon as they came.

Z
zug
sapo said:
@BigBoy ik, I was fishing a nice hole at oxbow earlier in the season and we were getting some hits, then a bunch of little kids starting screaming and throwing rocks in the water. The fly fisherman tried to ignore them, but we packed up and left as soon as they came.

I can't wait for the rain. its been nice having all this awesome weather but fish are upon us and it needs to happen lol..

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
Zug I know the feeling. I was fishing by Camp Collins a few years ago, I had just missed a bobber take down and was trying to get the Steelie to bite, when a bunch of kids come running on the beach and start throwing rocks. I didn't say a word, just packed up and moved on.

D
DrTheopolis
sapo said:
The fly fisherman tried to ignore them

Wasn't going to effect the number of fish they caught.

But if some kid had thrown a rock at their ankle, it might have injured a fish.

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
DrTheopolis said:
But if some kid had thrown a rock at their ankle, it might have injured a fish.

:D