Fishing on the rain!!

W
waco
are there anyone that fish on the rain or im the only one wanting to go??

F
Finneus Polebender
waco said:

If we get the real dose they are callin for the salmon should really fire up! Thats when I will put up with some weather have a hard time gettins soaked unless there is a forecast of heavy polebendin!

M
metalfisher76
It`s a family day for me or I`d be out there. I`ll be doing a rain dance with the twins to keep ya good and wet today:D

W
waco
so what about technique? do i need to do something different or is just the same as when isn't raining!!

F
fishingfreak
Right Now should be a really good time for Coho on the Clack and Sandy in the rain! I am hitting it Tomorrow. Bring on the rain.:lol: Some reason I always have good luck in the rain! My 1st Steelhead and Salmon were landed during the heavy rains earlier this year! Love It!:lol:

FF

G
GMR
waco said:

I personaly Love fishing in the Rain.
I needed to finish up a short project or ide already be out there.
I do plan in going out this afternoon though. Probaly at Oxbow.

M
metalfisher76
The water is just barely starting to rise. However the sun is not coming out. You can throw brighter stuff all day, although you`ll still want to play with it till ya find what they are biting. They`ll be flying so spinners in tail outs are a good bet. Yarnies, and eggs will produce at the head of holes as they stage to run the rapids.

F
fishingfreak
I think I will finish my project later and head out for a few Hrs of wet fun! Good Luck everyone!

FF

W
waco
OK Im going!!!! wish me luck!!! i will have for you guys some reports!!

brandon4455
brandon4455
i can't get out until i'm over this viral infection :/ but if i wasn't sick i would be out fishing in the rain right now.

A
Anyfishisfine
Mgdguy, tonylovepdx and I spent the morning in the rain with nothing to show for it but lots of soaked gear.

Oh, and a possible profanity filled youtube video they took of me when I twisted wrong and got a cramp in my chest. I hope not though. They found it amusing, I did not.

Last edited:
C
chrisohm
Anyfishisfine said:
Mgdguy, tonylovepdx and I spent the morning in the rain with nothing to show for it but lots of soaked gear.

Same here. Tried the Clack with eggs, spinners, drifts, bobbers...I did pickup some extra gear laying around while I was there. Looked down to the bowling hole and no one was having any luck either. Last night I had more fun watching the smolts feeding and getting caught on my spinner. They were all released in good health! These coho are more finicky than cats!! :mad::wall:

W
waco
me too i tried everithing and the fish wasn't bitting!!! but i saw 3 or 4 coho and 1 of those was really red!!!

B
bigdog
brandon4455 said:
i can't get out until i'm over this viral infection :/ but if i wasn't sick i would be out fishing in the rain right now.
Well why not your already sick so nothing to worry about then. Not like going out in the rain is going to make you sick now;)
waco said:
me too i tried everithing and the fish wasn't bitting!!! but i saw 3 or 4 coho and 1 of those was really red!!!

Yeah the bucks tend to start turning red pretty fast but don't be to scared of them, as long as they don't look like a sockeye most the time they still cut pretty nice.

C
colbypearson
GMR said:
I personaly Love fishing in the Rain.
I needed to finish up a short project or ide already be out there.
I do plan in going out this afternoon though. Probaly at Oxbow.

me too i like fishing in really gloomy conditions

S
Slash
Well - went to the lower sandy and with all the rain falling,the only thing i caught this morning was a runny nose. 3 hours in a monsoon was enough for me. :(

B
bigdog
Slash said:
Well - went to the lower sandy and with all the rain falling,the only thing i caught this morning was a runny nose. 3 hours in a monsoon was enough for me. :(

to get the fish you your going to need to be out there for more then 2 or 3 hours. Rain does make it harder to put in a full day of fishing though.

G
GMR
I got to Oxbow when they Unlocked the gate.
From then till about 930ish I fished Picnic hole.. And boy was it Coming down..
The rain was one thing, but when the Wind added into the mix, it was a bit chilly.
I took off and got a better Rain coat and hit Dodge.. To murky to see anything..
Went back to Oxbow and fished and hiked a couple Miles..
didn't see anything but a few Nooks rolling near the rocks..

I will get A coho.. I wont give in.

W
waco
do you guys think this rain will push the fish in?

I
imfishing
When it starts to rain, I mean when it's comin' down...

I like to watch all the Kali-forn-ians' head for higher ground.

No offense to you easterners, I just get a chuckle.

I get kind of squeamish when it comes to hot sunlight...So...

I consider the Oregonian rainy season Liquid Summer...How I enjoy it.