Fishing Odell in an inflatable pontoon?

E
espencer757
So, as the title indicates, I am working if anyone out there has fished Odell using one? I have heard the wind can get ripping up there and the water can get quite rough. Any experience or advice would be helpful.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

C_Run
C_Run
I've been there once in my kayak. 7 AM, smooth as glass, 10AM whitecaps. The first two hours were fun. Better be upwind of where you want to take out.

E
espencer757
So if I want some good fishing time, get there at dawn.

Fish-On Fred
Fish-On Fred
I would stay to the west end, putting in at Trapper Creek Campground boat launch. There are bouys near the mouth of Trapper Creek. Stay away from getting inside those bouys. Out from Trapper Creek boat launch, the West Bay is usually calm and you could make you way around the Bay and head towards Burley Bluff. Water depth there is 110' to 120'. The wind usually picks up around 10:00 A.M., and normally from the west. Good Luck and wear your life jacket as the water is very cold and will chill you down quickly!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Fish-On Fred said:
I would stay to the west end, putting in at Trapper Creek Campground boat launch. There are bouys near the mouth of Trapper Creek. Stay away from getting inside those bouys. Out from Trapper Creek boat launch, the West Bay is usually calm and you could make you way around the Bay and head towards Burley Bluff. Water depth there is 110' to 120'. The wind usually picks up around 10:00 A.M., and normally from the west. Good Luck and wear your life jacket as the water is very cold and will chill you down quickly!

be careful and consider dressing for immersion.

Last edited by a moderator:
troutdude
troutdude
espencer757 said:
So if I want some good fishing time, get there at dawn.

You can start fishing, an hour before sunrise.

R
rippin fish lips
troutdude said:
You can start fishing, an hour before sunrise.

That being said, you may want to shw up earlier then planned so you have plenty of time to get set up in the dark before the first hour of day light. If yout taking advantage of that first good set of hours with no wind. be on the water before day light. get to your starting point on the water in the dark. when first light his, get crackin on em

troutdude
troutdude
rippin fish lips said:
that being said, you may want to shw up earlier then planned so you have plenty of time to get set up in the dark before the first hour of day light. If yout taking advantage of that first good set of hours with no wind. Be on the water before day light. Get to your starting point on the water in the dark. When first light his, get crackin on em

zactly!!!

1 nut in the water
You can an easy limit within 200 yards of Trapper creek ramp. Not many boats during the week but do not go out in the dark unless you have good lights to make yourself visible. You may still get yelled at!
Don't ask me how know...........

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
1 nut in the water said:
You can an easy limit within 200 yards of Trapper creek ramp. Not many boats during the week but do not go out in the dark unless you have good lights to make yourself visible. You may still get yelled at!
Don't ask me how know...........

Who would yell at you?:yikes:

R
rippin fish lips
GoBlueFan said:
Who would yell at you?:yikes:

Probably the other marina people and other fisherman who want to be able to see people in smaller boats in dark/dawn. first light is the hardest time to see people oujt on the water with no lights. It's a community up there and everyone likes everyone to be safe there!