Fishing near The Dalles?????

L
_livelyfe_
Hey,

I am in The Dalles for the next few weeks and i was wondering what fishing oppurtunities are around here. Ive fished a few places around here with some limited success.I like fishing for trout the most, but i love fishing in general so any species would work for me. I know the columbia has good fishing , but i do not have access to a boat and the bank places i've tried werent so great. So if any one knows of any good places to fish let me know. Thanks

T
Troutier Bassier
Fairview Huh?
You live in my neck of the woods.

The dallas, ive never been there but the nex sity is rufus, Awesome Fishing there.
There is this place called the rock pit, it is perfect fishing there, I have caught bass, walleye, catfish, Pikeminnow, and seen dead steelhead washed up.

J
joesnuffy
The Dalles is located about 10 miles from the Mounth of the Dechutes River (flows into the Columbia R.) . All the fishing you'll need while your there.

A little further upstream is the mouth of the John Day River.

L
lizardman
A little over an hour east of the Dalles is Boardman, before you get to Boardman is Willowcreek Recreation area which is good fishing for crappie, bass, sometimes walleye, channel cat.

Dave

L
_livelyfe_
What would I use in the dechutes as far as bait? What would I use rock pit? Willow Creek?

Last edited: