fishing lures for surface fishing?

N

njbinkers

ok i was up at trillium lake on monday morning at most of the fish were near the surface. it was feeding time with flyes everywhere. i know the simple answer is fly fishing. But i am not really a fly fisherman. im more of a spinner reel fisherman. any tip on what kind of lures are good or set ups would be great or if you can fly fish with a spinner reel.
thanks

troutdude

troutdude

Brass colored Little Cleo.

Or...even better...

Tie one of these to your main line.

torpedo bobber float clear plastic to cast flies-Go Fast and Light

Add 3 - 4' of leader. Tie an Olive Green or Black Woolly Bugger, or Jim Teeney style Nymph in same colors, onto the other end of your leader. Crimp on a "BB" sized split shot about 12 inches above the fly. Cast out and retrieve SLOWLY (no faster than a slow kick in a float tube).

BAM!

N

njbinkers

Brass colored Little Cleo.

Or...even better...

Tie one of these to your main line.

torpedo bobber float clear plastic to cast flies-Go Fast and Light

Add 3 - 4' of leader. Tie an Olive Green or Black Woolly Bugger, or Jim Teeney style Nymph in same colors, onto the other end of your leader. Crimp on a "BB" sized split shot about 12 inches above the fly. Cast out and retrieve SLOWLY (no faster than a slow kick in a float tube).

BAM!

hey thanks for the tips. dad and i are going back up there on friday morning. i just wanted to get more action. i was using rooster tails and was working but want to try other things.

18406ej

I agree with Troutdude- there is nothing better than the bubble and fly when the fish are feeding on top. Good luck!