Fishing knots

F
fishtales
I'm curios to know what everyone else uses when it comes to fishing knots. For me it is usually a trilene knot. It is the easiest one I know and the only one beside the more difficult fly fishing knots.

A
Anyfishisfine
Palomar whenever possible, otherwise improved clinch since it's second nature.

There are better ones, but I know these in my sleep, in the dark.

M
Marvin's Guide Service
i like to use the improved clinch it is eay to tie, and a strong knot.

kirkster
kirkster
I use XP tuff line so palomar. when tying on leaders inproved clinch has never failed me.

Last edited:
T
Troutier Bassier
Clinch, Not the improved clinch, The clinch.

A
autofisher
Depends on what I'm tying on. I usually use the FishNFool knot or the palomar. I know those like the back of my hand. And since I've learned the fishnfool knot, I haven't lost anything due to a broken or undone knot.

F
fishnquest
autofisher said:
Depends on what I'm tying on. I usually use the FishNFool knot or the palomar. I know those like the back of my hand. And since I've learned the fishnfool knot, I haven't lost anything due to a broken or undone knot.

If its not a specific need, I go to the improved clinch knot. I'm still learning most of the others and need my cheat sheet, so things like egg loop, snells, are done at home in advance.

Oops, I didn't mean to click on "quote".

Last edited:
M
mgdguy
anyfishisfine said:
palomar whenever possible, otherwise improved clinch since it's second nature.

There are better ones, but i know these in my sleep, in the dark.

this :d

T
troutmasta
I use a clinch not for pretty much everything. But when I'm drop shoting or using braided line the polymer knot. I use the polymer not when bass fishing too. Some one told me it can give your lure a more eradic action.

J
JSpencer
I alternate between improved clinch (can tie this in my sleep unless my hands are acting up), and the fish-n-fool knot. I tie the FnF knot up in advance though because i know i can't do it with cold, aching fingers.

S
steelhead_stalkers
If you keep practicing the fish n fool knot will be easier even in cold conditions. Its just a confidence thing as it took me awhile to commit to the fish n fool thinking I could tie others faster, well know its a no brainer, fish n fool is much faster and easier to tie! :D

J
JSpencer
When my hands arent acting up i can tie knots with no problem...its when they get cold and the arthritis kicks in...

Yeah im young for having it, i messed myself up pretty good playing HS football trying to get a scholarship (turns out nobody goes out recruiting lineman from small schools).

O
OnTheFly
More knots

More knots

I'm more familiar with the Trilene. Check out the link. It shows them all.

The Palomar Knot

A
Anyfishisfine
steelhead_stalkers said:
If you keep practicing the fish n fool knot will be easier even in cold conditions. Its just a confidence thing as it took me awhile to commit to the fish n fool thinking I could tie others faster, well know its a no brainer, fish n fool is much faster and easier to tie! :D

Practice makes perfect. I can finally tie an egg loop without using up your bandwidth every time.

F
FishSchooler
Improved clinch and trilene are the same I think.

Put the tag through the eye twice to make a loop, then wrap the tag around the leader (or main) 5 times, then back down through the loop. Correct for both? good. ;)

Easiest for me too.