Fishing is going to tough without water...

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
https://www.dfw.state.or.us/news/20...QRMRd7IpZqXoi-QIdPc7hRj4qgAwQCk0CTUKYG3iqf7WwODFW braces for drought: Fish stocking changes and possible emergency regulations are expected
June 2, 2021

SALEM, Ore.—March and April of 2021 were among the driest spring months since the 1890s. Many streams are already at 25 percent of the flow that is typical for this time of year, with flows usually seen in early summer observed in April on some southern Oregon streams

hobster
hobster
Yeah, another horribly dry year. It just sucks for us and the fish, soon the Willamette will be 70° and the salmon will be belly up. I expect by the end of summer few places will have fish you will be able to retain, but that’s fine. Let’s keep what we have left of those native fish. This is not good news as all of the fish runs seem to be rapidly diminishing in OR and WA. I should clarify I’m referring to steelhead and salmon, I guess we will always have bass

Reactions: Raincatcher
bass
bass
  • Haha
Reactions: Raincatcher, troutdude and Snopro
O
olshiftybiscuits
I fished the North Santiam on opening day in 2020, it was flowing at around 3500 CFS. Same deal opening day this year -- 1750 CFS. Not a single run or hole I usually fish on that river was available to fish. Bad news for the fish, bad news for fires.

troutdude
troutdude
I've been flabbergasted that NO one has mentioned our current drought situation, in the news. It's something that I noticed way back in March and April. The Willamette, at Albany, is now LOWER than it normally is in late August! Yet everyone seems to be oblivious to it. Better stock up on drinking water (I'm on a shared well system).

Reactions: Raincatcher, bass and olshiftybiscuits
D
Davpot
troutdude said:
I've been flabbergasted that NO one has mentioned our current drought situation, in the news. It's something that I noticed way back in March and April. The Willamette, at Albany, is now LOWER than it normally is in late August! Yet everyone seems to be oblivious to it. Better stock up on drinking water (I'm on a shared well system).
Im afraid dire predictions are bad for business😣

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
olshiftybiscuits said:
I fished the North Santiam on opening day in 2020, it was flowing at around 3500 CFS. Same deal opening day this year -- 1750 CFS. Not a single run or hole I usually fish on that river was available to fish. Bad news for the fish, bad news for fires.
Have you fished under the bridge in Mill City? It's about the only viable spot in the canyon that's still available, unfortunately.

O
olshiftybiscuits
Raincatcher said:
Have you fished under the bridge in Mill City? It's about the only viable spot in the canyon that's still available, unfortunately.
There are a few others if you hunt for them! But not much. And with the low water, even less.