Fishing in the area

Private_Carcass

Hey all, I'm a college student in Corvallis and am looking to get back into fishing. I was involved when I was much younger but haven't been active in a long time but I want to get back into it. I was hoping that y'all had some tips for locations, tackle, rods, reels, or anything else you might want to offer up. Thanks in advance for all the help y'all, this was something I enjoyed as a kid and I just wanna find that enjoyment again.

chris_the_wrench

I live about 50 miles south of you, but I've fished a couple places up there. EE Wilson pond was a trout lake, and then there was a bass lake right behind the Oregon dept of fish and wildlife thats north(?) of town.

-Chris

troutdude

Choices are limited this time of year. It's pretty much a coastal stream steelhead show, for the time being.

The pond that Chris referred to is on the south side of the ODFW office, in Adair. Which is roughly 7 or 8 miles north of Corvallis. There is also a pond on the south side of Hwy. 34, just bit east of the bridges. But DON'T eat anything from that pond. There is a decades old landfill that leaks toxic chemicals into that water.

Are you able/willing to travel?

during the summer if you go up above Avery park which is disgusting and full of sunscreen and stuff, the Marys river has bass in it although I have not found many areas to bank fish. I have also heard that if you fish around the pilings by the skate park in the Willamette you can catch smallmouth.

troutdude

They do not guarantee a specific date. They never have. It's ALWAYS listed as "the week of..."

Plus there is now no longer anyway, to confirm the actual stockings. So were back to the Neanderthal times. I wouldn't go until Thursday or Friday (if I wasn't working that is...lol).

plumbertom

They do not guarantee a specific date. They never have. It's ALWAYS listed as "the week of..."

Plus there is now no longer anyway, to confirm the actual stockings. So were back to the Neanderthal times. I wouldn't go until Thursday or Friday (if I wasn't working that is...lol).
Yeah. I got that.
I was just cluing folks in.
I was gonna go back today but this morning wasn't a good day for me.
Maybe this afternoon.

plumbertom

No, I didn't make it. I hoped I'd feel a bit more up to going by the afternoon but it just wasn't gonna happen.
So far as harshness, I have no idea what you mean.
Maybe my hide is just too think but I thought it was a good reply.
I, for one, do not take offence at every little thing.
In fact it's almost impossible to offend me with a posting.
I'm especially not gonna take umbrage at someone supplying me with information about something.

NKlamerus

Dang I need to check the forum more often! I've actually had better luck at Alton Baker than JCP,only a few trips in as the job at Jerry's keeps me busier than ever.

Definitely miss it!