Fishing in Siletz bay

CJ3434

On tuesday, me and my brother will be going to Siletz bay. I was planning on fishing the bottle neck right there that goes out into the ocean using a kwik fish and a sardine wrapped around it and a sand worm (plunking style, kind of how one would fish a jetty). Is there a different approach or bait I should use? I know Siletz gets lots of Fall chinook, but is there any spring chinook? What about other ocean fish like flounder or perch? Is there a specific time I should fish it? As much feedback as you guys can give is much appreciated... Thank you!

RunWithSasquatch

Siletz has a real small native run of spring chinook, with retention allowed. I see a few caught every year, but not many. I believe people will start fishing the tide water on the Siletz as early as June, July for sure- targeting chinook. Fishing gets better the later the year turns. Just as a general rule, ususally spring chinook do not receive much attention in tide water because of the cooler water temperatures for that time of the year allow for easy migration of the fish. Later in the year when the water temperatures head upward, the fish slow, and linger longer in the tide water.

CJ3434

Siletz has a real small native run of spring chinook, with retention allowed. I see a few caught every year, but not many. I believe people will start fishing the tide water on the Siletz as early as June, July for sure- targeting chinook. Fishing gets better the later the year turns. Just as a general rule, ususally spring chinook do not receive much attention in tide water because of the cooler water temperatures for that time of the year allow for easy migration of the fish. Later in the year when the water temperatures head upward, the fish slow, and linger longer in the tide water.
Thanks bro I'll definitely keep this in mind later in the summer. I'll see what happens