Fishing for salmon at the Willamette river, Oregon

Admin
Admin
Video report of bank fishing for salmon at the Willamette river, Oregon, on May 1st, 2010.

B
BlackBass
Very cool video regardless of what you caught. One day you will hook up with some pissed off Chrome. I would suggest fishing 10-12 lb line so that you have a good chance to land a 20lb Chinook. Summer Steelhead will absolutely test your line this time of year. Thanks for sharing

T
TTFishon
Boy, the sucker fishing was hot! Nice video. Thanks for sharing.

J
Johnny Southpaw
Keep casting Anatoliy, sooner or later those sucker fish will make way for a spring hawg. Great video!

Admin
Admin
Thank you guys! Can anyone tell me the "real name" of those sucker fish?

T
the_intimidator03
most likely what is called a large scale sucker or some other one of the species of sucker ( tis the actual name used in regulations. that and mullet) There are some protected species like the Klamath largescale sucker

this may help http://www.dfw.state.or.us/fish/CRP/freshwater.asp

I noticed burbot is on the list... where are THOSE in oregon :-?

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice video man. Keep at it.

Troutski
Troutski
Great Video

Great Video

One thing Anatoliy, by catching those particular fish in secession like that it proves you are getting deep enough.:clap:..keep up the good work. Nice video to boot...

Chuck

O
OnTheFly
lol. Anatoliy you are quite the character. When you looked into the camcorder and said there was something wrong with this salmon then held up that sucker fish, I about fell OFF my chair:lol: Best video of yours yet. imo

M
mgdguy
:clap: love it! :clap:

Keep at it man, you're bound to get into some chrome sooner or later ;)

K
kfallscody
Hey man, that is 3 more fish than I have caught in freshwater this year.. :) I always like to catch fish, even if it isn't that exact species I am hoping for. :)

M
Michael
I just love your videos. Keep em coming.

B
bigdog
I forgot to ask before but where on the willy were you?

CJ

Admin
Admin
Irish Bend

B
bigdog
Anatoliy said:
Irish Bend

How far up is that from Portland? Sad thing is I have never fished above Oregon City.

Admin
Admin
It's between Corvallis & Eugene

C
czoom
Hahahahah love this video. Ugly Sucker fish. Get them the heck out of there lol.