Fishing for carp yesterday around Sauvie's island

C
cdumitru78
I had a few hours to kill and the weather was OK, so went looking for some carp. Pretty cold weather, but in two hours, got one fish, and had two really solid bites, I should have hooked at least one more. Fish were really active, saw quite a few large ones turning and swimming on the edges.

Last edited by a moderator:
M
Moe
Nice catch man! What did ya use?

C
cdumitru78
Good old can of corn that I had in my bag, I think it's been there for at least a year or so. I have some boillies from royal carp coming in so I might try that as well. That area has so many places to fish, crazy.

T
topbloke
Which ponds/lakes do you fish over there?

C
cdumitru78
Ahh, tried to post once and the site seemed to give me an error. Tough to explain, but I will try, if it doesn't make sense, send me a private message with your number and I will call u.

Once you are on the island keep following the main road (basically away from Portland), when the road splits, keep going to the right, inland. You will see tennis court and school on the right side, then road will veer left, keep following. Then, you will see the road splitting again, this time, you will go to the left off the main road. Follow that for a few miles, road will get worse and worse, pavement will end, you will get to a gate, go ahead, the channel that I fish in will be on your right side, but its a long channel, it veers under the road and to your right. There are a few spots to fish around there, place is not that wide, but well worth a try. If you keep driving on that road, you will see a lake on the right, keep driving towards the top, you will the same channel on your left side, quite a few spots there as well, caught fish there as well. Let me know how it goes or if you have any better spots, it seems that area is carp heaven.

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice Fish!

T
topbloke
I know where you mean. I think I've fished that part of the Island before. Thanks for the info.

C
cdumitru78
Nice to hear that u got fish on that part. Have u fished the last spot that I mentioned in my post, past that small lake, towards the top of the hill, on the left side. That part of the channel looks nice, with what looks like of good spots. I only fished there once, got one small carp, but would be tempted to try that again for sure.

O
osama5477
I am looking for a place to get carp

I am looking for a place to get carp

Dear Sir ,

i am looking for that place you talked about in the post , still not clear for me can you indicate it on google earth , that will help me allot coz i spent last 2 months looking for a place with carp and no luck yet

B
bassman503
It's basically the way to get to Haldeman Pond...

O
osama5477
i know the place now

i know the place now

thank you very much , i was able to find the place on Google map now , i will go as soon as the weather get better , by the way have you tried carp fishing on worm , do they like worm or only corn

C
cdumitru78
Nice, it looks like you guys are much better with Google maps than I am, thats the channel where I caught that fish and quite a few other fish in the past. I used mainly corn, tried some Royal Carp boilies with no luck, but I have caught them on worms there in the past. Anyone tried those channels lately, I have been meaning to get there for the last month, but never got the chance to.

Good luck

O
osama5477
i got this carp which was about 14 lbs

i got this carp which was about 14 lbs

Hi ,

3 days ago i just went there and got this nice carp, it was around 14 lbs. and i got it on worm, i lost another one coz my net was not close to me so i was not able to get it out , but the carp here in U.S does not taste the same like our carp back home , it taste like rubber , but it is fun to catch , next time I may try to cook it by different way .