Fishing Carver Park

C
combedintuition
Started fishing at Carver Park from 3:30 to 5:30. Met two really nice people there don't think they're from the forums but were using a float and jig setup.
While I was using my homemade spinner. Caught a trout about 14 inches was a great looking fish but decided to let it go cause when you're chasing steelhead a trout just doesn't cut it. I think I met go back tomorrow morning. Sorry don't have a picture but I will next time.

O
osmosis
Carver can produce fish some days.
Good thing you decided to put the steelhead smolt back, the clackamas is closed to retention of "trout" until may 23rd.

M
mgdguy
Nice job - at least you got to fight a nice trout on the end of your line! And welcome to OFF :)

Pics next time ;)

A
ArcticAmoeba
There are trout above North fork dam, but the resident run of rainbows in the lower Clack is almost non-existent. Mostly poached dumps, and strays from a couple of the upper creeks. The "trout" people catch, really are smolt like Osmosis already stated. We have caught some very big "rainbows" with maxillary clips, even ventral fin clips. In other words, Eagle Creek fish. They were just lost smolt that stayed an extra year in the basin is all. Good thing you put it back. It will return a healthy adult Steelhead if it was released kindly.

C
combedintuition
hey guys

hey guys

Thanks for the warning I didn't know we can't keep trout til may 23rd. Although I never keep anything but a steelhead from rivers, and salmon, sturgeon...

I was sure to put it back gently, I cradle the fish in my hands and move their body in a swimming motion. The thing took off like a bullet in 5 seconds.

Oh and almost forgot, thanks for welcoming me into the forums guys happy to be here : )