Fishing by dexter dam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nw5785

Hey all, just thought I would gain some info before i set out to the dam. Anybody ever tried it? I was told theres plenty of steelies around and the occasional salmon. I am going to set out with some spinners( mepps i heard are a find choice?) and then maybe a little roe, i am going to be on the bank( going to be investing in some waiters soon :) ) anyways any tips or info on the water would be great! maybe you will even join me sometime!

if you know of some spots and dont have a car i am willing to drive my 4x4 if you throw down on some gas :)

Raincatcher

When do you plan to go to Dexter? I know there are more and more members from down your way every week. Surely somebody has some info. I don't get down there often unless I am on my way to Lodi (taking my roomie to visit her 92 year old mother),though I would love to try it again.
Barb

Troutski

Dexter dam...

IF your going to try and fish right below the dam....it is a mad house. Just a heads up...if I were you I would try 500 to 1000 yards down stream from the dam. There is a group of anglers that fish that same place (the wall) every year and there is a pecking order. Be aware of the order before you start...maybe just stand and watch for a while and learn ...learn...and learn. These guy's have special rods that can cast completely across the river and it is one heck of a cast. Like I said watch and learn...I still recommend 500 to 1000 yards down stream from them....I wouldn't fish there with a 10 foot pole...these guy's have 12 footers....

If your really into catching a Salmon on the Willy give the west bank at the Jasper bridge a chance...not the side with the little store the other side. Up stream about 150 yards and cast toward the water fall area and just let your lure swing back to your side. Then keep casting and each time changing the retrieve; the fish should be on the sides of the river...not the middle, so each time you cast let it get a little deeper each time until you feel the bottom and then you will know your deep enough. Good luck and tight lines.

Chuck

nw5785

yeah i went up there monday and checked out the area there were quite a few ppl there. ill have to check out jasper since its a close drive. Has anyone ever checked out the boat lauch up at marshall island, i was there last week and it seemed pretty active with fish jumping.

Side note, if anyone gets the chance to head up to sw washington i was up there last weekend and caught a 22inch jack out of the north fork of the lewis river just past woodland. A guy down the way caught beauty, and they were everywhere def a great money hole for people around the portland area bout 40 mi. north.

Status
Not open for further replies.