Fishing Big Creek

M
mastercaster
I have this friday off thinking of heading to big creek or the north fork . any ideas on how fishable big might be towards this weekend . I have never caught a fish there but not for lack of trying . its about an hour from home so end up going there more often then not . thanks mc

H
halibuthitman
it has been difficult to fish for about 2 weeks, gnat creek has been dropping into shape and has good fish in it right now.... BC should be ok by friday, I went by the NF yesterday and it was a joke, and also poor water conditions, from st helens it is only 1 hr to the deadline of the wilson, 1 hr and 25 minutes to klootchy park on the necanicum.. big creek is about an hour and 20 minutes from you so if your not feeling it try those-

R
Riverfreak
Big Creek and North Fork

Big Creek and North Fork

I was over there Monday and Tuesday. Monday Big Creek was a little high and clear. Tuesday the North Fork was muddy but not blown. I was not fishing, just exploring. One guy was rigging up with roe. I think this weekend will be OK with the dry weather we have now.

M
mastercaster
Thanks for the info . I will be headed down tomorrow . I will be limited on mobility since I will have my 9 yr old daughter with me . But she digs fishing . Not sure what I did wrong with my son him and fishing are like oil and water . But he will beat you to the truck during hunting season and you better not forget his hot choclate . again thanks for the info . Mastercaster

S
steelheader19
mastercaster,

went there friday saw 2 fish hooked, but the guy lost them

tight lines,

M
mastercaster
I was there friday saw one fish caught . Two on stringers . And heard of one more . Personally all I caught were sticks mostly using jig and bobber but tried some other stuff to maybe next time around . Creek seemed a little to crowded for my taste . I did spot a bald eagle and a fairly large herd of elk on the creek thats always cool. Mastercaster .

G
GDBrown
I was at NF Nehalem on New Years Day and things were slow from the people I taked to. I did land a native which was fun. Released unharmed to swim on her way.

GD

S
steelheader19
might go down to big creek this saturday
if i get my lisence by friday