Fishing at Sunriver (winter)

F
Fishpdx
Hi guys a while ago I posted a forum of: is there any ice fishing at sunriver?) but now since its not that cold there, I would like to find out whats the closest place to fish and what kinds of fish r there, Also I've been at sunriver a couple times and saw the sloughs/ponds all over the place so I'm just wondering if there are any fish in them like maybe chubs or some whitefish??? I'm staying at The Pines. :):):):):):)

H
hydropsyche
Well if you have a fly rod I would suggest the fall river about 10 min outside sunriver. The deschutes is closed above Benham falls so you can't fish the river in town. There are frogs in the sloughs in summer but never seen any fish in them. Check the regs but most open lakes require a floating device to fish unless your a Jedi from the bank. If you need a fly rod I got a loner if your going through sisters just pm me. Its mostly a fly game out here especially in the winter.

F
Fishpdx
Thank You but I didn't use fly rods before,

D
DrTheopolis
I've never fished there, only driven by, but maybe someone knows what's up with Suttle Lake? Seems an easy spot from Sisters.

S
sunsalem
Carp said:
Hi guys a while ago I posted a forum of: is there any ice fishing at sunriver?) but now since its not that cold there, I would like to find out whats the closest place to fish and what kinds of fish r there, Also I've been at sunriver a couple times and saw the sloughs/ponds all over the place so I'm just wondering if there are any fish in them like maybe chubs or some whitefish??? I'm staying at The Pines. :):):):):):)
Below Benham Falls can be very productive for big Browns in the winter.
Trying tossing a minnow-imitating crankbait.

F
Fishpdx
sunsalem said:
Below Benham Falls can be very productive for big Browns in the winter.
Trying tossing a minnow-imitating crankbait.

Thanks I will definitely check that place out!

R
Richard W T
I second the Fall river suggestion