Fishing at Sauvie Island

C
cmcono
anyone gone fishing there at all? anyone catching any fishes at all, two weeks ago i went up there and i was amazed how many people were fishing there, i saw at least 30 rods or so lined up on the beach, which i'm pretty sure they were sturgeon fishing. But i'm just wondering if anyone has a nice spot there to fish

T
The Nothing
not sure where abouts you were on Sauvies, but I saw a bunch of bankies out there the other week at Willow, SS, and the nudie beaches. Fishing seemed pretty hot at the first...

F
fishtales
We caught a spring Chinook from a boat there today. I don't know how Sturgeon fishing has been.

C
cmcono
nice dude, maybe i might be going sometime this week or maybe next week on monday or tuesday, is there a specific bait/lure that works effective when fishing there?

F
fishtales
We had a good time and with good company. I really could not ask for much more. We where trolling from a boat. So the set up is a bit different than a bank fishing set up. We did see quite a few people fishing that stretch of river from the bank. If you have your gear you might want to head out and give it a try.