fishing at clarwater

R
ryno28
well went to clearwater on thursday caught three trout in about 2 hours. i went with 4 other people and i was the only one who caught anything. the way i did it was just cast across river cause thats where they were. but if anyone can tell me a good spot on that other side of the river? i would really like to know cause i bet there are lots of fish on the other side

Troutski
Troutski
ryno28 said:
well went to clearwater on thursday caught three trout in about 2 hours. i went with 4 other people and i was the only one who caught anything. the way i did it was just cast across river cause thats where they were. but if anyone can tell me a good spot on that other side of the river? i would really like to know cause i bet there are lots of fish on the other side

Good day fellow Springfielder, there are in fact quite a few places on the Middle Fork that will rival the Mighty Mac. Let me know what days off you have and we can share a spot or two.

Chuck

T
Thuggin4Life
I didn't tell you this but if you swim with all your gear or take a small inflatable raft or a carryable boat and paddle straight across the river. Watch out the current goes up down up from the ramp kinda tricky. There is a trail (tresspassing sigh may still be knocked over) that takes you back to 3 ponds and a mill race. I wouln'd go unless it was a weekend and be sure not to show any signs of being there but there is a warm water fishery hidding back there. But I have never been back there......

F
firepilot
Hey guys,

I grew up just off Jasper Road. That whole area was my play ground. If you go down river and across the mill race there are/were indeed some awesome ponds. Big bluegill and some very large bass as well. I used to spend a lot of time back there in the early 80's. Had total access and permission. Another place is the old Wildish Ponds. They are directly across the river from the Clearwater boat ramp. We used to swim the river and fish back there. Very big fish very heavily patrolled back in the day.

The place down the river on the same side as the boatramp we just called the Island. Tons of great fishing spots, lots of great memories. We used to catch small frogs and throw them in for bait and the bass would hit them. Haven't been back there in 25 years.

R
ryno28
oh sweet well i have thursdays and fridays off. it would be nice to find some new sopts cause i really don't know to many. hit me back with some info

RYAN