Fishing around Salem

J
JesseTRDrollin
Hey all,

My girlfriend and I are going to try to go out on Wed and I was just wondering if anyone had some good ideas on places near Salem to try and catch some fall fishing action.

Thanks,

Jesse

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Rest area...

Rest area...

JesseTRDrollin said:
Hey all,

My girlfriend and I are going to try to go out on Wed and I was just wondering if anyone had some good ideas on places near Salem to try and catch some fall fishing action.

Thanks,

Jesse

Welcome to the forum,Jesse. Hope you and your girl make it out there somewhere. My favorite hole around Salem has to be at the rest area just North of Jefferson on I-5. Head south and when you enter the rest area,keep to the right,when you go nearly all the way around you will find a road to the right,turn there and follow it to the small parking lot under the bridge. That is where I caught my one and only steelhead. There are all sorts of fish there,just check the regs to see what you ca go after right now. OSP makes regular trips through there every day,so be sure you know what you're after. Otherwise,I might check out the McKensie if I were going out.
Good fishing to you both and don't forget to let us know how you do.

S
steelhead_stalkers
I have looked at that area when letting the wife go potty. :) Looks like a nice spot, also the McKenzie has a lot of trout and other larger fish. LOL

N
nointrntrprts
The Jefferson boat ramp and Greens Bridge are also pretty good - Greens Bridge has a little access, more than the Jefferson boat ramp. Packsaddle is also pretty cool - more of a "out of town" fishing experience. PS should have quite a few fish hangin around....

good luck

18406ej
18406ej
The Santiam at the I-5 rest area at Jefferson and at Greens Bridge had a LOT of debris in it last week. Hopefully it has cleared out some. It was very frustrating to catch a twig with each cast.

On one over-zealous cast at Greens Bridge I managed to hook the bridge itself, on the upper deck guardrail. Very embarassing, but if you ever do something stupid, you can rest easy knowing that I have done something worse.

B
Big Hairy Dawg
EJ, LMAO, I made that same cast (maybe not clear too the railing) and ended the day with the worst back lash I have ever had. That dam Green's Bridge!

BH Dawg

J
JesseTRDrollin
No luck

No luck

Well we tried the rest stop and went into Jefferson. No luck! I couldn't take the boat out though so we weren't able to get on the fish so well. I think we're going to try to hit up the Clack or Sandy next week!

Thanks for all the info everyone!