Fishing around Corvallis

W

wanna_fish

I'm looking for places to take my grandson fishing around the Philomath Corvallis area. I move to the area 5 years ago from southern Oregon and haven't been able to get back on track to fish. I am not used to all of the private ground and crowds. Does anyone know small ponds or streams that I can take a 4 year old to get him interested in fishing.

C

chris61182

EE Wilson north on 99W should be absolutely chocked full of bluegill. I've never fished Adair pond that direction but it looked like there was good access as well.

Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Less than 50 feet from the Santiam River! :)
W

wanna_fish

Thanks for the info. I walked in once last summer but the water was very low and I wasn't sure if there was any action. I think I will try to take him up there and see what we can catch. A night crawler and a bobber should make his day. Last weekend we stayed with some friends down south and he caught his first fish at Galesville Res. a 13" large mouth on a yellow micro jig. It was fun to see his face on that one. I also saw there are some ponds around Willamette park know anything about these?

W

wanna_fish

I checked out several of the websites and one listed 39 lakes in Benton county. Problem is most of them are on private ground and reserved for the boy scouts or some other group. I will keep looking and find him some place to go. I also need to get back to steelhead and salmon fishing. I used to go all of the time in the south in the Rogue, Umpqua and Cow Creek but haven't been able to get good info for the Alsea, or Siletz. Seems like everyone is real closed mouth about their honey holes. I think finding this forum will open up a lot of opportunities. Thanks for the welcome.