Fishin two poles

F
Finneus Polebender
Dude who sold me my fishin license said there is a new reg this year that will allow anglers to purchase a second license for 17 $ and fish two poles at one time in lakes ,resivoirs and ponds . have given this some thought and still I am not sure how this would benifit me .It seems only benificial for those whod use primarily live bait and who are after limits of fish ! my question is what do you all think?

Last edited:
T
TTFishon
For trout fishing I think it's great but for bass it's not going to help me either. I suppose if I trolled for bass it might come in handy but that's not how I bass fish.

F
Finneus Polebender
Ok thought of one

Ok thought of one

If I went to bond butte I could fish for channel cats and bluegill at the same time. ie Bluegill sumthin ta do while you waitin on cats to bite

H
halibuthitman
I can't describe how awsome this new license is, I fish about 75% of the time alone, trolling for lakers is very slow, even trolling for big rainbows, when you have 3 guys in a boat they all troll something different, you can't even use a system to find out whats working effectively, now when im alone I can run herring plugs on a down rigger, and a rapp on leadcore and go throught the proccess of depth and lure twice as fast, and when my son is with me we can really work a system...... thank you mr. goverment man!!!:D

p.s I really don't see why there is such an abrasive stance on outdoorsmen wanting to keep a limit of worm caught fish....

Last edited:
O
OnTheFly
Nice job Throbbit! And I believe you but you gotta adjust the date/time setting on your camera.:lol:

F
Finneus Polebender
halibuthitman said:
I can't describe how awsome this new license is, I fish about 75% of the time alone, trolling for lakers is very slow, even trolling for big rainbows, when you have 3 guys in a boat they all troll something different, you can't even use a system to find out whats working effectively, now when im alone I can run herring plugs on a down rigger, and a rapp on leadcore and go throught the proccess of depth and lure twice as fast, and when my son is with me we can really work a system...... thank you mr. goverment man!!!:D

p.s I really don't see why there is such an abrasive stance on outdoorsmen wanting to keep a limit of worm caught fish....

Sorry if it sounded abrasive simply meant it is almost impossible unless trolling to fish two poles at one time unless your using at least one with bait in a pole holder . The regs are the regs have no complaint about limits kept within them. Very good point about additional oppertunities to find out what the fish might hit in order to figure them out quicker . The two species at one time is also a cool deal. I just happen to focus on lm bass in local ponds using artificials targeting big boys. I love to fish salmon trout or steelhead am just not very good at those, will keep and eat all three of those species . The pond bass I C & R really dont taste that good trust me .

Last edited:
T
Thuggin4Life
I love it for trolling and also with use it for fishing bait on the bottom.

Troutski
Troutski
Two rods.....

Two rods.....

LONG LIVE THE TWO ROD RULE (LLTTRR) crazy the way that worked out. Long love the LLTTRR, still sounds weird. Way to much fun to be legal, simply way to much fun.
Maybe I am over reacting....nah....LLTTRR I see a new signature in my future:)

Chuck

F
Finneus Polebender
Troutski said:
LONG LIVE THE TWO ROD RULE (LLTTRR) crazy the way that worked out. Long love the LLTTRR, still sounds weird. Way to much fun to be legal, simply way to much fun.
Maybe I am over reacting....nah....LLTTRR I see a new signature in my future:)

Chuck

So far it seems all are happy thats a nice change when it comes to a reg change, normally the sportsman is not jubilent!

T
Throbbit _Shane
OnTheFly said:
Nice job Throbbit! And I believe you but you gotta adjust the date/time setting on your camera.:lol:

Indeed i do. I just got the camera about a month ago. Hopefully soon i can get some pictures of steelhead and cutthroat trout :D

X
X24
I am super excited about this new rule. Although it's kind of bunch having to pay $17 extra dollars. I am originally from PA, and two poles was standard issue. One for bait fishing, one for lures. I don't know about anybody else but I am jonesing for some good bass fishing!

G
GDBrown
Hatchery Fish are KEEPERS

Hatchery Fish are KEEPERS

Halibuthitman said:"I really don't see why there is such an abrasive stance on outdoorsmen wanting to keep a limit of worm caught fish...."

and I agree with him.

Most ODFW trucks have stickers that say: "Hatchery fish are keepers!" The more we keep the more they will stock. So keep on keepin.;)

GD

S
slimyguts
New reg change is good.

Draggin a worm or flat fish in the pontoon boat while castin to the shore with crank, stick or spinner can help you locate schools of fish. Becides, imagine the excitement when the pole in hte holder goes down AND a smallie just smacked your top water.....can't wait. It could suck, but I can't wait to get out on the water. Never had a sucky day on the water. I day spent fishing and not catchin is WAY better than a day at work and not fishin.

Y
yakker2
can't wait for the doubles-trying to figure out which one is bigger and reel it in first is going to be mind blowing!

G
Griz
The only use I have for the two poles would be trolling. I think this is just another way for them to try and generate more revenue.

C
craigatkins
the way I understand it you can fish two poles but still only catch one limit of fish, is this right?

T
TTFishon
craigatkins said:
the way I understand it you can fish two poles but still only catch one limit of fish, is this right?

Yes.

P
pdx89
Bought one of those licenses, great investment! :D better than wall street :rolleyes:

ah and apparently WA state has something similar, except they have a list of lakes/ponds that are excluded... in a way kinda defeats the point, but still good idea)

T
Throbbit _Shane
I like it. bait on one rod and lure on the other. or bait on both if they really want it.

P
pdx89
Yea! same thought! really nice to have one rod laying on the ground and running around with the other

oh, and yesterday(monday) i finally had i chance to test of the theory... i guess when they aint biting they aint biting... :(
but still love the idea ))) he he