Fishin' the 'slaw tomorrowww

J

JeannaJigs

There is nothing sweeter than using paid vacation to go fishing, when the weather is going to do this:

Thur
Mar 12 Sunny 59°/33° 0 %
Fri
Mar 13 Mostly Sunny 60°/39° 10 %

(Although fish are anti-sunshine) I don't care, I just want out of the office, and it'll be nice compared the the blizzard last Sunday.

Oh and the river is going to do this:
(I'm not sure it's so great, but it's better than that chocolate milk a few weeks ago)

MPLO3HG0010.png

Maybe, just maybe, tomorrow I'll get lucky and get something other than a branch in a tree.

Fingers crossed.

A

ArcticAmoeba

Its on the drop, normally we can find willing participants while the water drops... But DANG! Call in sick the 18th. I dunno how bad the 'Slaw gets at near 13', but thats what I like to see if it isn't at bankfull, riding around 13!

T

TTFishon

There is nothing sweeter than using paid vacation to go fishing, when the weather is going to do this:

Thur
Mar 12 Sunny 59°/33° 0 %
Fri
Mar 13 Mostly Sunny 60°/39° 10 %

(Although fish are anti-sunshine) I don't care, I just want out of the office, and it'll be nice compared the the blizzard last Sunday.

Oh and the river is going to do this:
(I'm not sure it's so great, but it's better than that chocolate milk a few weeks ago)

MPLO3HG0010.png

Maybe, just maybe, tomorrow I'll get lucky and get something other than a branch in a tree.

Fingers crossed.

Good luck. I hope you can get into a couple. I want to see some pics if you do.

J

JeannaJigs

Its on the drop, normally we can find willing participants while the water drops... But DANG! Call in sick the 18th. I dunno how bad the 'Slaw gets at near 13', but thats what I like to see if it isn't at bankfull, riding around 13!
Lol I got selected for Jury Duty (for the third time!) on the 17th. My workplace is always suspect this time of the year when I call in "sick". They know I never get sick :( and that I have a fishing problem. They suck like that. I need to find a new job and tell everyone I hate fishing.

J

JeannaJigs

Good luck. I hope you can get into a couple. I want to see some pics if you do.

I'll try to get some pics if I kill something with an amputated fin. If I get a wild fish I'm not sure there will be pictures... I'm goin' it alone, and my dog fails at photography. I don't like to stress the fish anymore than necessary, so I try to get them unhooked and on their way as fast as humanly possible.

A

ArcticAmoeba

In high school I used to act like I hated fishin to my first, and fourth period teachers. Because chances were good, that if the fish were in... I was fishing.;):lol: Could have used my time a lot better, but as long as the ones who care/check on you think you hate fishin, you are all clear to fake sick!:cool:

J

JeannaJigs

In high school I used to act like I hated fishin to my first, and fourth period teachers. Because chances were good, that if the fish were in... I was fishing.;):lol: Could have used my time a lot better, but as long as the ones who care/check on you think you hate fishin, you are all clear to fake sick!:cool:
It's faking sick for a good cause, that's what I say. I never get sick (which is amazing because I work face to face with sick people everyday in a doctor's office), so why should I be punished and not allowed to cash in on my sick leave? lol that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

M

metalmania

I was sick most of senior year with chromitis. It was the worst case the doc had ever seen.:lol:

J

JeannaJigs

Good Luck!

I want to make it out again this weekend.
I might make it out this weekend, but I don't know. weather's gonna be crummy and I really have a lot to do at home....but then again...this is probably the last weekend I'll be out until the summer run on the McKenzie...so perhaps I should.

N

nw5785

Well good luck i finally found the trail theres some good spots if theres no boats anchored there

J

JeannaJigs

Well good luck i finally found the trail theres some good spots if theres no boats anchored there
Haha yeah I found the trail too, didn't linger long though, it was snowing and I was puking, and it was generally not a good scene. So perhaps tomorrow I'll have it to myself, sans the snow and angry stomach.

N

nw5785

ahh that's never good. I think i want to try stagecoach road again, theres way to many ppl up at whitaker.

J

JeannaJigs

ahh that's never good. I think i want to try stagecoach road again, theres way to many ppl up at whitaker.
Daybreak stake out is key at whittaker. I'm curious to see how packed it is during the week...it's been a long time since I've been out there during the week. Stagecoach has a lot of good access that isn't overly obvious, you have to look hard sometimes, but there's some really sweet bank spots along the way between the 4 and 8 mile markers.

N

nw5785

Right on, hopefully i can make it out i had to blow all my gas money on new tires for my car :(

J

JeannaJigs

Right on, hopefully i can make it out i had to blow all my gas money on new tires for my car :(
New tires without gas to move 'em forward huh lol. That really sucks I totally empathize on lack of gas funds. This will probably be my last weekend fishing until june because of that very reason.

N

nw5785

It sucks! you can find me on craigslist under the for sale sections i have several things up.. hahaha, i need money!!