Fishin in Albany

L
lilsalmon
:D hello....so, I am soo new here...this is awesome...I need to know some good places around Albany to fish. You know how some mornings you just want to toss a line in before work? I have been to Freeway but have had no luck....what should I be using...where can I go...etc...:confused: thanks for any info I get....

F
fishtales
Adair Pond is good to fish but is a little bit of a walk from the parking lot and it can get muddy. Half of the year it is open for bank fishing/float tubes the other half of the year it is bird hunting.

J
Jacks Tackle
What kind of fish do you want to catch?

L
lilsalmon
Jacks Tackle said:
What kind of fish do you want to catch?
I prefer trout but anything is great. I love the game....don't care who the players are. I just want a couple places close to home and need to know what to use. Was at the Clackamas yesterday...lots of rain, no luck but it was awesome...great spot. Thanks.

J
Jacks Tackle
In the Spring time bass, carp and planted trout are in Freeway lakes.

Winter streelhead will start showing up in the NF Alsea River mid December.

Siletz River and Siuslaw River are also good places to start for Steelhead but I think they are more January and Febuary.

Spring and summer can be a great time on the santiams, try PMing kodiak as i know he knows a lot about the santiams.

If you dont mind traveling the Umpqua system is a paradise almost year around.

RB

L
lilsalmon
thank you.....have a lot of fishin to do now....appreciate it..I want that steelhead really bad and will hopefully get it this weekend.Thanks again for the info.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Welcome to the family...

Welcome to the family...

YAY!! Another female fisher folk joins the ranks of OFF!!
Welcome to the forum where we are all equal and love to learn,teach care and share with each other. You have hit the jackpot for getting all kinds of help. We have quite a few other gal members and I'm soooo happy to have another.
Don't overlook the rest area on I-5 at Jefferson for steel. Great access and a proven producer at the right times. Go over to the southbound side and check it out under the bridge or go a little past the bridge to the boat ramp and walk the path heading west. Take waders and be careful.

L
lilsalmon
Thanks for the friendly welcome....more women need to fish. We actually fished the I-5 rest area on Friday. It is an excellent spot. I only caught snags and a "fish stick" and picked up a lot of garbage that jerks left behind....but bigsteel caught 5. Guess it was his day but its all great and I had an awesome time. Just need to get me some waders.....the feet are getting cold...hehe. Thanks again for the welcome and any other hints and ideas you may have.