Fisherman's Bend

R
raven
Hello fellow fishers!

I have a family cabin down here in Lyons on the banks of the Little North Fork, I come down here 3-4 times a year and always end up looking on these forums for fishing reports and spots to check out. I stopped by Fisherman's Bend to look around last September for a good spot, however the water was looking pretty low and hard to spot any good pools at the time.
I'm back at the cabin once again for this weekend and wanted to get some fishing in. Has anyone fished this campground at all and had any luck with winter steels?

I'm a novice fisherman at best, I brought up some basic eggs, powerbait, and a couple Kastmasters. The Fisherman's Bend campground seemed a bit rocky in September and the water levels on the L.N. Fork look low right now as well. Any bait/lure suggestions would be appreciated, I could use all the help I can get!

Thanks in advance,
-Raven

K
Kodiak
Welcome to OFF! Right now fishing is a little slow, winter steelies are here but finding them can be difficult. Considering they are the last viable run of naitive winter steelhead in the willamette system above the falls we would be better off leaving them alone. There are some holdover summer steelhead around packsaddle though that are verry susceptible to eggs, night crawlers, and spinners. Good Luck!

T
The Tightest Line
Mostly Fisher-mans Bend is a haven for fly fishers because it is so shallow with nothing but rocks. Go a mile to Mill city and turn at the Circle K and fish underneath the old Railroad bridge and it is so deep all through there its no problem getting snagged up. Just plunk right through there or drift black spoons and blue foxes or eggs. The Steel head are very stingy on the N Santiam though. Good luck !!!!!!!

K
Kodiak
The Tightest Line said:
Mostly Fisher-mans Bend is a haven for fly fishers because it is so shallow with nothing but rocks. Go a mile to Mill city and turn at the Circle K and fish underneath the old Railroad bridge and it is so deep all through there its no problem getting snagged up. Just plunk right through there or drift black spoons and blue foxes or eggs. The Steel head are very stingy on the N Santiam though. Good luck !!!!!!!

F.Y.I.....Millcity bridge is the testing ground for TCO and is a tightly regulated "NO BLUE FOX" zone. Violators WILL BE HECKLED for not fishing the greatest spinners on this planet, or any other. That said, there is a great slot where the river bends next to the highway at fishermans. The slot runs all the way down the highway bank for about 50 yrds. Below there, there are some monster rocks that are spinner heaven. Santiam atate park is even closer and has some tremendous drifts in it as well...with slightly less heckeling;)

T
The Tightest Line
NIce
Kodiak said:
F.Y.I.....Millcity bridge is the testing ground for TCO and is a tightly regulated "NO BLUE FOX" zone. Violators WILL BE HECKLED for not fishing the greatest spinners on this planet, or any other. That said, there is a great slot where the river bends next to the highway at fishermans. The slot runs all the way down the highway bank for about 50 yrds. Below there, there are some monster rocks that are spinner heaven. Santiam atate park is even closer and has some tremendous drifts in it as well...with slightly less heckeling;)