Bank fishing for fall chinook in OR rivers.

A
arne
HI Oregon.
Just visited your wonderfull state and saw some great fishing
opportunities, but went over there without fishing equipment,
won´t happen again
I fish in Alaska during june-july for kings with some
collegues, but is eager to try the fall season for kings in Oregon.

I typically search the fish, bank-wise - up and downstream. Any
rivers in OR where that kind of fishing can be practised - during
fall for Kings ??.

Have a great summer.
Arne, Copenhagen Denmark.

W
wozniasm
Arne;
Welcome. I personally can't help you with information but we have many folks that will help answer your questions.
The NorthWest is a wonderful place to visit and fish!
Give them some time to wake up and I'm sure you will have some responses...

C_Run
C_Run
Hvordan har du det? I think many of the rivers on the coast would be good and I certainly only have experience with certain ones myself. The southern Oregon Coast is very scenic and many of the rivers have good runs of fall chinook.It is relatively remote there due to air travel constraints. What month are you coming ? If you want to go, send me a private message through this forum. My folks were Danish. Jeg taller lidt Dansk.

A
arne
HI there.
Tak for dit hurtige svar (Thanks for your quick reply).
My plan is to travel over there early sept. via PDX. Rent
a car and then self cater around your beautiful state.

Sincerely, Arne, Cph.
Hvor længe har du boet i Oregon. (How long have you lived in OR)

H
halibuthitman
The Trask river in tillmook co. is a very good wild river that can be fished by a person in good health from quite a bit of its bank, just a few miles up highway 101 north of Tillmook is the Kilchis river, quite a bit of bank access and in November the king and chum fishing rivals that of many alaskan rivers. In sept the deschutses is gonna be one of the biggest shows going steehead. I also know of several smaller rivers I will not name out loud on an open forum but could give some info on in p.m's If your staying for long you should not overlook californias trinity river or washington states Hoh river or the skagit- Good fishin- Brad

A
arne
C_Run said:
Hvordan har du det? I think many of the rivers on the coast would be good and I certainly only have experience with certain ones myself. The southern Oregon Coast is very scenic and many of the rivers have good runs of fall chinook.It is relatively remote there due to air travel constraints. What month are you coming ? If you want to go, send me a private message through this forum. My folks were Danish. Jeg taller lidt Dansk.
HI there.
Tak for dit hurtige svar (Thanks for your quick reply).
My plan is to travel over there early sept. via PDX. Rent
a car and then self cater around your beautiful state.

Sincerely, Arne, Cph.
Hvor længe har du boet i Oregon. (How long have you lived in OR

P
plumb2fish
Arne,
Early September would be a great time for trolling in the estuaries of many of the larger coastal rivers, If you are looking to "bank fish" above tide water, it may be a month early. Many of the coastal streams are running very low and warm until after the fall rains begin preventing the salmon from leaving tide water. Once the rains begin, the decomposing Alder leaves stain the water and make visibility poor. That being said, any place with a riffle or pool where you can't see bottom is a great place on most streams/rivers to float some "good" roe through.
Good Luck and Enjoy your trip to The PNW,
MIke

C_Run
C_Run
Arne

If it's September , then disregard what I said about the south coast rivers. Those are "late" like November and December. Don't worry, though, there is some kind of good fishing to be had in Oregon year round. Just pay attention to the reports and what these others have said. You could definitely catch chinook in a boat in September.

My parents and siblings were all from Karise but I was born in Oregon. Keep in touch and if I can be of any help once you get here, I would love to meet a Dane and see how much Danish I can remember.

Chris

F
fishtales
I wish you the best of luck on your visit. There are some great places to fish along the Oregon Coast. I would love to hear about your fishing so please fallow up and tell us all about it.

Last edited:
C
cchinook
arne

arne

Wow ! Early Sept. - your timing is perfect ! Columbia River Gorge - fall chinook and coho from the bank - #4 spinners , 5' leader , 1 1/2 oz. kidney lead - it is that simple !
45 min. from Portland . You need a rod and reel and line that mean business , these are not trout . If you want location details send me a private message .