Fished out of depoe bay today

O
osmosis
The coho were practically jumping into the boat! one grabbed a rockfish jig that was no more than 3ft from the boat, maybe 2ft under water..
We were two ling cod away from complete fish limits. ling cod, quill backs, copper rockfish, black rockfish, yellow eye (released of course), kelp greenling, china rock and cabezon were the rockfish varieties we got into today!
We set 10 crab pots on the way out to fish, let them soak all day and pulled them on the way back in to depoe - got 83 keeper male dungeness!!

I have not seen the ocean very much flatter than it was today, I hope lots of you guys are getting in on the ocean action it has been great! If you havent gone yet, get your butts down there!

We saw whales, and porpoises, among the other usual marine mammals and birds. Man I just love fishin in the salt!

Reactions: chris61182
T
Troutier Bassier
When im Older ill go,
For now,
Ill stick to Freshwater.

M
Markcanby
Sounds like a fairy tail man. Wish I had time to go.

O
osmosis
none of that is inflated at all! It was a wonderful day. we started the drive at 2am to get there in time, so we're skipping the fish dinner tonight but tomorrow It's gonna be a crab feast.
We divided the crab between 15 people and still got 5.5 each!

F
FishSchooler
No coho in your boat? That's a first... ;)

O
osmosis
We went bottom fishing with the charter, and still hooked coho. I don't coho fish with charter boats (only done that once and never will again), thats a game for when I'm captain, not relying on someone else..

M
Markcanby
I didn't mean a tall tale just a perfect world. Did you buy a powerball ticket while you were there?

O
osmosis
Funny you mention that, we were talking about buying a couple on the drive home when we saw the sign showing it is up to 161 million!!

T
Troutier Bassier
What would You do with 161Mil?

I would buy a new St Croix rod,
and then Retire. :)

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
What would You do with 161Mil?

I would buy a new St Croix rod,
and then Retire. :)

Buy-out the gill net companies and turn them into I dunno what

T
Troutier Bassier
I think the Gill Net companys are worth more then 161Mil.

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
I think the Gill Net companys are worth more then 161Mil.

Not according to everyone here... :lol:

T
Troutier Bassier
I just watched a video about Abandond gill nets in Puget Sound. Its Terrible.

B
beaverfan
FishSchooler said:
Buy-out the gill net companies and turn them into I dunno what

They'd be able to keep busy between the jump in the bait industry and Charter boats. More fish equals more demand which would drive the price of bait higher plus more would be needed. Plus the increase in tourism would bring a need for more Charter boats.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Got crabs?

Got crabs?

Great way to spend the day,Osmosis! I'm not at all surprised that your boat got into all those fish. I am amazed that you actually know what that many fish look like and can identify them. I would have to hire a fish identifier just to keep from getting in trouble. Between you and Irishrover it looks easy,but I'm still not convinced...:think:
Enjoy your fish & crab feasts,you deserve them. Sounds like you will have a very full freezer for this winter.
:clap::clap::clap:
Be safe.
Barb

O
osmosis
Thanks guys!
Unless I pressure cook (can) the fish, It doesn't sit around long as I give it to all my neighbors that have stopped fishing and a lot of my friends that simply dont fish. They all know how inapropriately commercially and indian harvested fish are handled so they now rely on me for fish essentially :D.
To be honest some of those rockfish look nearly identical! Tough little guys to ID.

If I won, I'd buy a new truck, a new boat or two, and buy a big piece of land on a river with salmon runs, we'd set a "play money limit" and have some fun. Then we'd give some to my parents and my other half's parents.
The rest would go into the bank to live off the interest!

M
metalmania
Nice job man:clap:, sounds like I need to get out to the big blue.

O
osmosis
Nah, you shouldn't go out there...
Your plates will look like this:

columbiawithTom235.jpg

And your counter will look like this after a half hour of vaccuum packing.

bottomfishin009.jpg

bottomfishin008.jpg

Not only that your BBQ will look like this if you aren't careful!

bottomfishin011.jpg

B
beaverfan
I want to eat at your house! I'm having hamburger helper ughhhhhh

O
osmosis
Hamburger helper can be pretty good man. I like to make sandwiches with it!

Steelhead, salad, way too much crab (w/ aioli sauce and butter/garlic to dip it in), and finished up with 3 snickerdoodle cookies :D.