Fished Dabney State Park today

I
imfishing
I fished the sandy at Dabney today [I started at 7:00 am].

Gary [Don't know his street name], the fishing Guru had already started when I got there. I watched him throw the first offering of the day.

It was very windy this morning, then it started to get hot... around 65f or 75f but still windy.

Basically we fished from the bridge on up to the Rocks.

I don't know the special names of all the holes on the Sandy.

So we'll just call it "The Stretch" with the Boat Ramp declaring the middle and the Stark Street Bridge declaring the end. Cause that is where I walked out at.

I did not see any fish [Banked or Jumping], Gary said he saw 2 fish. [Thanks Gary.]

I threw Bobber and eggs only, Bobber and Corkie+Yarn+Eggs, Bobber and Corkie+Yarn[When the eggs wore off.], then I finished up heaving spinners all the way back to the bridge. Very windy [10-25 mph gusts.].

Here was the weather forecast for the day:
Troutdale, Oregon (97060) Conditions & Forecast : Weather Underground

I left around 11:00am.

Nothing, Nada, Zip, No fish. I lost one rig learning the drift.

Any how - Hope this helps.

M
metalfisher76
Been twice myself with the same luck, so far. I talked to a guy in a boat that said they were in there (he could see `em in some holes), just not hitting.

F
Fishtopher
I got a call from a friend yesterday said he got his three at the very top drift in 20min. So I drove over there, and by the time I got there the fish were gone. Saw some friendly faces from the Forum, but didn't find fish.

P
plucas
I was also at Sandy today and had the same luck throwing spinners. I visited Jack's bait shop for the 1st time. The guy working was super helpful and had some nice spinners for sale. Bough about a dozen of them, 2.75$ for each, nice looking equiptment. The wind was whipping and the sun beating down, so I did not stick around long. Heading to the Coast on Friday and will try the new lures out then.

Last edited:
P
PDXKush
Good seeing you out there Chris. I guess we were late as well as we saw only a couple fish jump at that drift. It does look promising though so I may be hitting it next rain.

Last edited:
J
Jacks Tackle
plucas said:
I was also at Sandy today and had the same luck throwing spinners. I visited Jack's bait shop for the 1st time. The guy working was super helpful and had some nice spinners for sale. Bough about a dozen of them, 2.75$ for each, nice looking equiptment. The wind was whipping and the sun beating down, so I did not stick around long. Heading to the Coast on Friday and will try the new lures out then.

Thank you for stopping by. Hope to have a good selection of spinners again soon as I know the walls are pretty bare lately.

Fisherman Marine should have a bunch of spinners and components back in stock soon as well. I just finished up an order for them the other day.

RB