Fish on the fly at E.E. Wilson

brandon4455
brandon4455
i go to e.e wilson every year in feb when they start stocking again. but this time im going to bring a fly rod with. any suggestions for what would work under an indicator? or anything else that isn't a dry.

brandon

E
eggs
yea not much happening for dry fly around here in Feb. but a #14-16 bead head Gold Ribbed Heirs Ear with a #18-20 black emerger 16" down on the dropper would do fine under an indecator set 6-8' deep.... or trolling around a #10-14 black/olive/brown bugger or something with a bit of flash(BUD LIGHT SPECIAL coughcough) on a sink line/tip down 10' feet would do well I am sure..

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
eggs said:
trolling around a #10-14 black/olive/brown bugger would do well I am sure..

Yep. I have caught MANY trout at EE w/ Woolies! That's a great choice.

brandon4455
brandon4455
thanks guys. i appriciate the help im already excited about it lol

brandon

M
michigan_transplant
i used to see anatoliy (spelling??) there with a fly rod doing pretty well. might pm him.

brandon4455
brandon4455
i got the info i needed to do well i thank the man who shared it with me *cough jay cough* hopefully ill land a few

M
michigan_transplant
the brookies they stocked at the beginning of the year last year were tiny and disappointing.

brandon4455
brandon4455
michigan_transplant said:
the brookies they stocked at the beginning of the year last year were tiny and disappointing.

really? the brookies in there are usually pretty big ive seen some up in the 15-mid 20 inch range before.

S
silkiechicken
We got a limit of brookies the first weekend after they stocked the 3k. Took 30 minutes at sunrise and all were 8-10 inches, one was 11 inches.

M
michigan_transplant
silkiechicken said:
We got a limit of brookies the first weekend after they stocked the 3k. Took 30 minutes at sunrise and all were 8-10 inches, one was 11 inches.

thats the size i saw them last year.

brandon4455
brandon4455
thats pretty small