Fish on skunk OFF cherry popped

F
fish_on!!!
Yeeee!!! Caught my first ever salmon last Sunday at E.C. Sorry can't upload pix from phone. Fished for about 5 hours and saw so many shootn through I got soo frustrated because they weren't taken anything I threw at em I kept switching gear, rebaiting... I think I spooked em because I was in and out the water so I decided the pick 1 set up and stick wit it and wad da ya kno fish on!!! On like the 3rd cast got her good too drag was a lil loose but managed to keep her on. the fight felt forever but it prolly was only about 5 min I jus kept thinkn, im gonna lose her please don't come off waitn for my gear to fly back n smack me in the face luckly for me she came in!!!with no unwanted fin YEEEEE!!!!! BONK
!!!!! Wasn't as dark as the rest of the ones that were in there so I guess I got lucky. Anyhoo rite after my fish on like 5 guys rushed my spot so my drift went from like unlimited to a 1 yard drift they were actually casting rite over, under and even at my line and they weren't set up like a normal drift set up they had long pencil lead on 2 to 3 times leader longer then mine and 2 corkies so wen they tossed there gear next to mine it jus stayed there wit there leader who knos where!!! Wat the hell!!! Managed 3 more hook ups but none committed so I called it a day... The best salmon fishing day ever!!! For me. o and got sum lovely eggs too pix comming soon

O
OnTheFly
Hey fish_on, Glad you got a fish! Sounds like a nice 'brighter' one too. With all the salmon up and down the stream it sure burned me to hear that your spot got clustered.:mad:

F
fishin_fool
Congrats with killing the stinky just goes to show if you keep at it long enough with the same stuff over and over it will pay off sooner or later and now you have built a little cofidence in that lure... congrats again

Mike

M
mgdguy
Congrats!! :clap: :clap:

T
Thuggin4Life
Congrat's too bad about the pic. Almost sounds like those A**H***'s who rushed your spot were snagging.

K
koboabe
Congrats man.

M
metalmania
Nice work on the fish:dance::clap:. It was great to see so many fish pushing up with the rain, to bad they were all so dark:(. Glad you found one worth bonking.

B
bigdog
Good job on the fish. Sorry to hear they crouded your spot but thats what happens out there when you are fishing a high pressure place. Good job.

F
FishFinger
Outstanding! The rush of the fight... Hard to really put it into words but you described it well. Looking forward to the photographic evidence as well.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Good for you!

Good for you!

Way to show 'em how to do it the right way. Integrity always pays OFF. Now,wipe that silly grin OFF your face and get back out there! :lol::dance:

T
Troutier Bassier
The first fight is always the most Memorable, Good job. :clap:

F
fish_on!!!
thankx yall

thankx yall

thankx everyone this was brought to u in part by OFF and a lot of helpful post from u!!!

C
Chrome_Chaser
Good job and congratulations on your first fish. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

There's nothing more frustrating than other people doing that to you.

T
troutmasta
Nice Job. A hen to, perfect.

T
Thuggin4Life
Troutier Bassier said:
The first fight is always the most Memorable, Good job. :clap:

Haven't you only caught 2?

T
Troutier Bassier
Ive caught 4. :p

T
Thuggin4Life
Troutier Bassier said:
Ive caught 4. :p

I musta missed the posts about the last 2. So now you have $4. WOW shoulda read your signature. Now i Have to dig up your posts.

P
pdx89
Congarts on the fish! i have also caught my first salmon on EC.. but that was long ago.. good ol'days

F
Fishandtarter
Nice job. I hear ya. Can be frustrating, Many of us can relate to your situation. Had a nice bank spot at C.C yesterday(I know crowded place to begin with) Another guy came already in a tight spot and then 3 others and of course 2 of them hook up right away. With that said, still enjoyed my time there and the people were nice.

F
FishSchooler
Thuggin4Life said:
I musta missed the posts about the last 2. So now you have $4. WOW shoulda read your signature. Now i Have to dig up your posts.

He hasnt "posted" about his "fish" because he thinks if he does, everyone will go there. :lol: