Fish on Sandy River

O
Orgwayne
Son and are in Portland Area Tuesday , any fish in The Sandy, or the Clack
Think we,ll start at I-84 and the Sandy , good choice ?
Thanks people
Wayne

A
autofisher
I don't know about the steelhead in the sandy, but I do know that the coho are in the waters. Actually, they're in both the sandy and the clack. Your choice.

kirkster
kirkster
Hey Orgwayne, I spent the day scouting out the sandy and there isn't a lot of fish holding in the lower river from what I could see. There is a lot of fish moving through. I think the upper sandy is going tobe your best bet. Dont get me wrong I know fish on the move will bite but I think a better chance when fish are holding. I was at dodge park (garbage hole) at around 10:30 today and seen two coho legal hooked and landed one on a blue fox spinner and the other a guy was drifting eggs. One guy there was telling me that in the early am they slaughterd the fish on spinners. Hope this will save you alittle time and good luck.

O
Orgwayne
Sandy River

Sandy River

Thanks Kirkster for the info , sure hate to drive up to Portland , and just drive around looking for a fish ! Son and I will give Dodge Park a shot , we,ll see ,going there early Tuesday Morning
Wayne

O
Orgwayne
Dodge Park

Dodge Park

Hay Kirkster , made it to Dodge Park , o-dark am , Son and I where there first
, so as we where getting our stuff out of car, some older then me guy pulled up and headed stright out to water , So son and I where right behind him.He
was using eggs, we used Kodiak Custom spinners, son got a bite , the guy had his float go down 2 times and nothing, another guy had a dark fly and had one on for a little bit and lost it, they are in there , no body landed one while we where there, left at 10 or so
Wayne

A
Anyfishisfine
Orgwayne said:
, so as we where getting our stuff out of car, some older then me guy pulled up and headed stright out to water , So son and I where right behind him.He
was using eggs, we used Kodiak Custom spinners, son got a bite , the guy had his float go down 2 times and nothing, another guy had a dark fly and had one on for a little bit and lost it, they are in there , no body landed one while we where there, left at 10 or so
Wayne

I've yet to catch a fish (salmon/Steelhead) this year before 10AM. I'm there at the crack of dawn, but I land my fish between 10AM and 11:30AM.

kirkster
kirkster
Orgwayne said:
Wayne

Hey Wayne,
Im glad you guys made it out on the river. After next week if it rains like there calling for it will be dynamite. So keep your eye on the river levels and when its on the rise hit it again.