Fish Off: Secret Fishermans Exchange

F
FishFinger
The Secret Fisherman’s Exchange:

The following are the guidelines for the SFE. This is an opportunity for our group to have a little fun either during the potluck or shortly there after on Sat evening Aug 15th.

The “rules” are quite simple. Those wanting to participate (and I hope many will as is it much more fun when the group is large) will need to supply a wrapped item. This can be anything you wish as long as it is something fishing related. If you opt to purchase the item, please limit the amount to no more than $25.00**. If you want to offer a home or hand made item, all bets are off and the sky can be the limit.

Once all the “gifts” are gathered up, names are drawn randomly. The first person called then selects an item from the collection, opens it, and shares it with the group. The next name drawn has the option of selecting a new unopened “gift” or laying claim to any other gift already opened. When another persons item is taken, they then have the option of claiming any other opened gift or opening a “new” gift. The process continues until all the “gifts are claimed.

** The $25.00 limit is solely up to the person providing their “gift”. The more covetable the item the greater likelihood it’s going to change hands several time before the end of the exchange.

If your interested in taking part in the controlled chaos that usually surrounds this type of exchange, please post up below so we can get an idea of how large the group might be.

18406ej
18406ej
Well I am intererested

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Love a mystery

Love a mystery

Hmmm,I think this got lost/misplaced in the shuffle somehow. :think:
I will be bringing something unusual/unexpected but definitely fun. ;) :lol:
What's in your wallet? :shock: :D

Be safe.
Barb

N
ninja2010
i'll bite... :D

A
autofisher
I'm down for it.

O
osmosis
If I can make it I will bring something :)

F
fishnquest
It looks like I'm coming, and yes, I'm in.

C
Commodore S
Wrapped?

Wrapped?

Should this thing be wrapped? My friend & I are in

F
FishFinger
Commodore S said:
Should this thing be wrapped? My friend & I are in

yes to help keep things "under wraps until it's open offically and the coveting begins..lol

LadyoftheLake
LadyoftheLake
Count us in!

Count us in!

We're game. Hmmmm, something related to fishing....I'll have to work on this one. We'll bring two somethings, wrapped.

P
platteflyfisher
Back to the store for wrapping paper

Back to the store for wrapping paper

Looking forward to some fun. I don't suppose there is going to be a white elephant is there?:think:

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
I saw a couple get jacked that's all I have to say! :lol::lol:

P
platteflyfisher
Thank you

Thank you

Much thanks to the contributor for the Complete Anglers guide to Oregon, I couldn't have asked for a more befitting gift. :D

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
platteflyfisher said:
Much thanks to the contributor for the Complete Anglers guide to Oregon, I couldn't have asked for a more befitting gift. :D

Yes, there really were some incredible gifts!!

A
autofisher
Can't wait ....

Can't wait ....

I can't wait to try these new spinners out. FF, if these things start bringin me some bigguns........... I'm so buggin you to teach me how to do this stuff....

J
JeannaJigs
Those are for sure some nice spinners. Too bad I didn't take 'em like I did your rings! Haaaa ha . I really didn't. :| You lost those on your own dude.

F
FishFinger
That was such fun....... Not as much gift grabbing occurred as I thought might happen.

I believe jeanna did take full advantage of claiming the wonderful fly box created by platteflyfisher. She had a very keen eye and scored a true treasure.

It seemed everyone was quite happy with what they opened.

I am still oggling the amazing custom painted quick fish Osmo included.

When I find my camera and the battery charger again, I'll post a few pictures.

Things began to get a bit foggy for me as the evening moved on due to scotch consumption. What I do remember quite clearly is how enjoyable the event was, and the opportunity to get to know so many great people.

Thank you all for being a part of what was a smashing success!

We really need to do this every year!

J
JeannaJigs
I definitely feel like I made out like a bandit. Those were some beautimus kwikfish, I was drooling over those. The whole night was a blast. Saturday night was a bit foggy for me as well as the night progressed, but I had a great time.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
FishFinger said:
That was such fun....... Not as much gift grabbing occurred as I thought might happen.

I believe jeanna did take full advantage of claiming the wonderful fly box created by platteflyfisher. She had a very keen eye and scored a true treasure.

It seemed everyone was quite happy with what they opened.

I am still oggling the amazing custom painted quick fish Osmo included.

When I find my camera and the battery charger again, I'll post a few pictures.

Things began to get a bit foggy for me as the evening moved on due to scotch consumption. What I do remember quite clearly is how enjoyable the event was, and the opportunity to get to know so many great people.

Thank you all for being a part of what was a smashing success!

We really need to do this every year!

Well if it's any help the Sheriff and Park Ranger kicked me out of your camp just after 11 (I guess I was keeping that half of the campground awake) at which point most of us probably went to bed. I then woke up at about 8:00 to find that everyone at camp F.F. had already left in their boats which I thought was a phenomenal show of determination.

I ended up back at Barbs camps where I was fed more Monster energy drinks and some egg burritos. I could then walk at normal speed and everything was cool.

When the next gift exchange that takes place I think I'll put up a case of Monster energy drinks and try to win them myself. Can you do that?

J
JeannaJigs
Lol, I don't know how you got kicked out when I'd say we weren't the quitest group until just before 3 am lol. Barb's breakfast burritos were phenomenol with crack in a can. Put my jerky and baked lays routine to shame. I tried so hard to wake up to go fishing with those guys at daybreak but...three times that alarm went off, and three times I didn't wake up lol. Their determination was for sure impressive