Fish ID

bassboy444
I caught this a little bit south of Peoria. It's 24 inches long and it seemed to weigh about 5 lbs though I didn't have a scale. I looked online and can't figure out what kinda fish it is.

Mike123
Northern Pikeminnow.

Troutier Bassier
That is the dirtyest Pikeminnow I have ever seen. Was it like this when you caught it or did you keep it out of the water?

Mike123
Kill every single one you find. They are non beneficial fish. DO NOT kill Whitefish. They are real silvery and have tiny mouths and are NATIVE.

JeannaJigs
5 lbs of fertilizer...

troutdude
Hard to tell for sure from your pic. But, it's either a pike or a carp.

I like Jiggzy's fertilizer idea!

B
Beastfisherman
Ya that looks like a a Northern Pikeminnow.But its a little darker than usual. Its worth about $4.00 at The Pikeminnow Sport Reward Fishery Program. :)

SemperFly
It isn't a carp. Carp have a nasty looking sucker mouth and a much different and often larger dorsal fin.

Bass Ackwards
That's one big a$$ squawfish!!

Troutier Bassier
$8 for me. ;)

muskieguide
Do they have a reward fishery for the upper willamette rivber? Ive done the fishery on the columbia and lower, but don't know if they have the program for up higher

Troutier Bassier
Nope, Colombia only!

The Nothing
Mike123 said:
Kill every single one you find. They are non beneficial fish. DO NOT kill Whitefish. They are real silvery and have tiny mouths and are NATIVE.

Spoken like a truely malinformed person.....

TTFishon
Mike123 said:

I believe they are NATIVE. Not sure if they're beneficial in the eyes of a salmon/steelhead fisherman, but they have their place.

c_chickens
TTFishon said:
I believe they are NATIVE. Not sure if they're beneficial in the eyes of a salmon/steelhead fisherman, but they have their place.

im pretty sure your right on that!

Thuggin4Life
Well i say use it for fertilizer or crab bait to make it a benificial fish. I kill them all.

Top Bottom