Fish gumbo, strawberry shortcake style

S
strawberry shortcake
Okay guys, stay with me. This is my favorite recipe for Irish Fish Stew. It takes at least a 6 pack and red wine along with dry sherry, two cans of stewed toms, fish, spices, and fresh veggies. Can't remember if I use three cans and drink the rest, or 4 cans and drink two. Anyway, this is how the recipe goes:

Step 1. First, get yourself a 6 pack. Hell make it a rack. Drink one ...or twow while you fishs.

Step 2. Buy red wine and dry sherry. Don drink it les you fall over during cookking or fishshsing.

SStep .2 Buy some stewered tomatoeewss, any kind wil dooo. TWo canss. Drintk nother bereer.

Sttep 3. Get you some fresh veggietablles and BBQ em (or roast in the ovvvven)
This step is really important. If you don't get the water outa the beggies, they will mush in your stoew.

WStep 4. Cook you somee fishs any way yoyu like,, an have anothere beewr.

5. Spmehow git the bonses outa the fish.

Shtep 6. Cana't reminber.

7. Put ita all into a streww pot and heat but dnont' boil. Nefvver boilkl stewiw. Adda thea wine and ssherry.

8. ...or 9. Addd some cadjdun sppices.

10. Drtink anoththter bewerer.

11, ifn therere is aney morew beawer, add too thew stoews.

12: EATET

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

H
Hawk
All the bier wood fill me up...
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:cool::cool::cool:
:dance::dance::dance:

L
lilsalmon
:yay: *burp* :yay::yay:

B
BlackBass
Funny stuff :) However i was trying to find the actual recipe and all i came up with is . Veggies Fish Stewed maters and red wine beer ah hell ima throw a pizza pocket in the micro . :)

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
BlackBass said:
Funny stuff :) However i was trying to find the actual recipe and all i came up with is . Veggies Fish Stewed maters and red wine beer ah hell ima throw a pizza pocket in the micro . :)

:yay: :clap: :yay: :clap: :yay: :clap:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

S
strawberry shortcake
I just Cajun fried a couple of smallish freezer trout and boy did they turn out good! I love me some Cajun spice mix but I always add a bit of brown sugar to the dry season mix (just a tiny bit). I sprinkle this on the inside of the fish then I roll the outside in flour and cornmeal. Fry in oil. I don't open up the fish, I just fry on both sides with the cavity closed around the spices I sprinkled in. Just before finishing I baste the outside with a spicy southwest flavored mustard (Jack Daniels or the cheaper and just as good Walmart brand). The brown sugar sweetens the trout meat inside just enough. The mustard glaze on the outside adds a tart lemon-like bite without using lemons. I don't like lemon on my trout as trout is not sweet enough as it is.

This would work on the BBQ as well. I'm going to basket BBQ my fillets and baste with that mustard this August when I host my ranch party.

C
celia19O5
I guess I will like this dish cuz I love strawberry very much :D
I will try to make this for my friends next week :)
Thanks for your nice recipe !!!

S
strawberry shortcake
You are very welcome. I just purchased a George Foreman table top griller and plan on doing up my fish this way for the winter. It's too cold here in Pendleton to BBQ outside so I thought I'ld give this a try. Right now I am feasting on venison soup that turned out really good. I'm just not sure how I made it. I just started putting stuff together without writing anything down!