First winter steelhead of the year!

hobster

Steelhead first sure. Wild at that, wish it wasn’t dragged on the rocks, unless it’s from one of the few rivers you can keep wild steel.

hobster

I'm all about safe handling, but you gotta release it somehow.
Yeah by keeping it in the water. You can tail them and release. I’ve ruffled feathers here before about this subject but i feel strongly about correctly releasing wild fish. In WA it is illegal to take a wild fish out of the water when releasing.

pinstriper

Illegal in Oregon also

P17. The Following Activities are Unlawful
All undersized, oversized, or unwanted fish or shellfish should not be removed from the water and must be immediately released unharmed.

Poorly worded, but the intent is clear that this is not an "optional should" since it appears under the unlawful section.

hobster

I agree. His pic isn't a particularly egregious example, compared to some I've seen.
You are correct. I guess the fish is partially in the water so maybe not illegal but............ I’ll just keep my mouth shut next time. It is a beautiful fish.

Anatoliy

Admin
Illegal in Oregon also

P17. The Following Activities are Unlawful
All undersized, oversized, or unwanted fish or shellfish should not be removed from the water and must be immediately released unharmed.

Poorly worded, but the intent is clear that this is not an "optional should" since it appears under the unlawful section.
Yeah, but as hobster indicated "...unless it’s from one of the few rivers you can keep wild steel".

Top Bottom