First winter steel of the season

T

Thuggin4Life

Me and Bfishin headed out to one of Oregons winter steelhead rivers. Using a rod and line we both got into some fish. All the fish came compliments of coho roe. Both of us got a trout/smolt each of good size. He got like a native 4lber and I pulled this 31 1/2" chrome hen out. Smaller end of the scale fish for were we were at but still a nice fish and a fighter. Got to love double prizes! Scale is broken but based on compared girth to other fish that were a bit shorter that were 8-9 lbs so this one was at least 9 if not a 10lber. Couldn't find the camera but here is a few cell phone pics after we got home.

Last edited:
M

Mike123

NICE!!! Developed eggs to boot! Score! :dance:

T

Thuggin4Life

I love me some double prizes. Even if they aren't big berries.

Thanks man still want to see you post a pic.

Last edited:
G

GDBrown

Great looking fish. I see you needed two cutting boards to work on....

P

plumb2fish

Great job bonking a brat.:clap::dance::DWish I wasn't on call this weekend or I'd be waist deep on a coastal stream myself. Oh well heading to Seattle area on Wednesday and looking forward to having something pulling on the end of my line soon. Will be fishing somewhere the next two weekends high water or not. This is definitely my favorite time of year to fish.

T

Thuggin4Life

I wish we had a picture of BFishin's fish. It was so chrome. Gonna try to get one out of the sandy tomorrow.

Top Bottom