First trip to Odell

C
Combat Chuck
This was basically my first kokanee trip and I really enjoyed myself. Spent the weekend camping... fish, eat, drink, sleep and repeat. Arrived on friday and did some trolling in the evening that was basically just a ride in the boat. Got me first experience jigging in the morning and lost one on the first cast. It came out of nowhere, slammed the jig and I was loving it. I only boated a couple the rest of the morning, the bites were there but I didn't know what I was doing. I went out midday and did the same but really started to get the hang of it. Sunday morning was great (for a newbie)... we kept 13 between 3 of us, threw a few back and lost some at the boat. Im getting into this... and those fillets!!! mmmmm. Pink and white was our hot color, the type of jig didn't matter. I can't wait to do it again. :dance:

T
TTFishon
Nice job for a newbie.

M
metalmania
:clap:Nice job on those fishies, it looks like you guys had a great time.

J
joemomma
Newbie no more! Ya using braided line? If not, try it! Makes all the difference, when jigging!

C
Combat Chuck
I was really wondering about that. I had 4# mono and an 7' UL. Do you think I had too much stretch and give in my setup?

O
Oregonchris
Yahoooo! Sweet!!

Troutski
Troutski
Braided...

Braided...

Combat Chuck said:
I was really wondering about that. I had 4# mono and an 7' UL. Do you think I had too much stretch and give in my setup?

I believe so....that being said you did quite well for mono. How many did you have an early release on? That would the telling point, I use 8 lb. braided with about 4 feet of fluorocarbon as a leader. You seem to have the Kokes number though...congratulations on a first trip, looks like someone is hooked:rolleyes:

Chuck

C
Combat Chuck
Well lucky for me I came across a bulk spool of fireline at Joes for just $7... there has to be a few hundred yards of the stuff left. NOW IM READY!

Troutski
Troutski
Fireline...

Fireline...

Combat Chuck said:
Well lucky for me I came across a bulk spool of fireline at Joes for just $7... there has to be a few hundred yards of the stuff left. NOW IM READY!

I am the last person to recommend any Berkeley product; but this is my choice of line for all my reels. Great stuff.....very well suited for spinning reels. Just my opinion.

Chuck

H
Hawk
CC, Bro u caught some REEL Beauties...........................:lol::lol::lol:...............................:cool::cool::cool:....................................:clap::clap::clap:.....................Great fishin'