First trip on the Wilson

S
schroegp
This is my first post, great site! Took my well used drift boat "The Buzzard" down the wilson last sunday (10/25). Attached is a picture of a native nook my buddy caught and released. Only fish we saw all day, but fun! Look for my boat, I'll be out there some more!

Admin
Admin
Nice fish & nice boat. Good picture & good first post! Welcome aboard! :D

T
troutmasta
Nicely done.
I have had decent sucess there using spinners. Good Luck

J
JeeperGal
schroegp said:
This is my first post, great site! Took my well used drift boat "The Buzzard" down the wilson last sunday (10/25). Attached is a picture of a native nook my buddy caught and released. Only fish we saw all day, but fun! Look for my boat, I'll be out there some more!

Awesome! :) I love that river, I am hoping to go there saturday. Thanks for sharing the pic, and welcome to the forum! :)

L
luv2fish
schroegp said:

welcome to the forum...

are you a catch and release guy cuz that fish doesn't look dark......just asking so as to know....
i'll be headin to trask and wilson tommorow...i was planning to hit today but something came up...i didn't heard a whole lot of action on either of the rivers...people are catchin.. but most of 'em is darkies...
hopefully we'll get in some chromers...

B
beaverfan
A lot of the Coho in the Wilson are really bright still, too bad there all native and have to go back.

L
luv2fish
i target for nooks exclusively...and if i get a clipped silver...kool...otherwise there's not a huge run of hatchery coho....end up hooking mostly wild which has to be released...unlike nook which you can keep...

S
schroegp
yeah, we could have kept it, and it was a bright beauty too. We were hoping by releasing it, karma would kick in.... Maybe next time.

T
troutmasta
schroegp said:
yeah, we could have kept it, and it was a bright beauty too. We were hoping by releasing it, karma would kick in.... Maybe next time.
Oh it will

H
here2fish
schroegp said:

eggs?

S
schroegp
yep, back bouncing amerman eggs. Plan on hitting it again this sunday, wednesday, and next saturday if the water quality is alright. Give me a shout if you see me!

B
beaverfan
I'm heading out there tomorrow morning first thing with another member from here. Tillamook got about an inch of rain today, and the forecast is calling for showers. I tried reading the the link GD Brown posted for stream flow data and it didn't look too bad. (although i dont really know how to read it) I'll check it out again in the morning. Hopefully we can find some decent water to fish.

S
stonesworth
The rain should help

The rain should help

I was out on the third on the Wilson and seen some bright fish ( very few ) but there is some in the river .A few were caught by some guys in a drift boat and I caught a 25lb one myself but it was a bit dark so she went back and a few very dark ones that also went back but were a blast to catch..The rain we got last few days should bring some numbers into the river I hope ..So if your going out this weekend on the Wilson there should be some fish for the taking and fun to be had just start low and work up the river and you will prob have some luck. Never hurts to check out the river when it is low and the fishing is not great just to check out hole location due to the fact the the Wilson gets very high water if not floods most years and the holes can shift a bit and that can be hard to see when the water comes up..So have a blast and good luck!!

F
FishTastic
JeeperGal said:
Awesome! :) I love that river, I am hoping to go there saturday. Thanks for sharing the pic, and welcome to the forum! :)

I am going saturday and sunday. Look for my Black '06 Tacoma, stop by if you get a chance! Good luck!

J
JeeperGal
FishTastic said:
I am going saturday and sunday. Look for my Black '06 Tacoma, stop by if you get a chance! Good luck!

Kinda hard to miss my jeep so say hi if you see me. Sounds like it could be crowded up there!

S
schroegp
Home repair has ruined my sunday fishing plans...aarrrgghh! Good luck you guys, let me know how it is. I'm DEFINITELY going to be out there on wednesday!----Garrett

F
FishTastic
schroegp said:
Home repair has ruined my sunday fishing plans...aarrrgghh! Good luck you guys, let me know how it is. I'm DEFINITELY going to be out there on wednesday!----Garrett

:naughty:Gotta put off the house work until after the fish runs are done or the river blows out. I never plan any projects from Oct.1 - Feb. 25 there is just way to much good fishing.