Creswell ponds bass fishing

F
Finneus Polebender
Went out explorin tonight didn't find the water I wanted so I gave up and stopped in at Creswell ponds to finish out the evening. no bite for about a half hour when blam it happened reelin in on an abandonded cast wham one came up and slammed me. Of course i was not even ready so I missed him. Needless to say spent the next 40 min on high speed managed 1 small 1 topin it then went back to slow bass caught a couple few then went back to topin cause its so fun and hooked into top water fish #3 about a 2-3 lber lost him right at the boat. last time I was there couldnt even coax a bite now they actin like jaws gotta love it.

B
bucketman009
fishin the main pond or the back one

F
Finneus Polebender
bucketman009 said:
fishin the main pond or the back one

back one today both are excellent though

B
bucketman009
spinnerbaits or plugs i went to the pond off of 34 today and caught 6 on worms

B
bucketman009
and is it gettin weedy yet

F
Finneus Polebender
bucketman009 said:
spinnerbaits or plugs i went to the pond off of 34 today and caught 6 on worms

Ahhhh this is where it gets a little personal sorry can't give up my killer top water gig. Oh yeah plenty o weeds. Water fairly warm kinda tea brown low visibilty "not for fish though"

Last edited:
F
Finneus Polebender
topwater junkie

topwater junkie

Gonna be hard to slow down now .Happens every year I topwater a fish then it becomes the only way I want to catch em.So fr**gin sweet to see the wake take the intercept path then whomp up comes that big mouth. Always jump the gun the first few times cause I get so excited takes a trip or two of good topwater action for me to get my hook set on right. Just glad the season is upon us . will now be throwin down some topwater presentation everywhere I fish lookin for the next topwater shark ! good luck guys fish on FP

Last edited by a moderator:
F
Finneus Polebender
no topwater tonight

no topwater tonight

Slowed down a bit tonight riverfisher had a complete hog take him to the bottom got loose talk about dejected well ya can't land em all. Anyhow weather comin in they must have slowed down a bit few others fishin but light traffic good luck all , I gotta head outta town for work talk at ya all this weekend fish on FP

R
RIVERFISHER
man that hogdaddy abusded me.......

F
Finneus Polebender
RIVERFISHER said:
man that hogdaddy abusded me.......

Man the look on yer face I truly felt yer pain

F
FishSlayer420
I never knew there was a back pond there. how big is it compared to the front one? which one would you say is better at holding Bass?

F
Finneus Polebender
FishSlayer420 said:
I never knew there was a back pond there. how big is it compared to the front one? which one would you say is better at holding Bass?

back pond is smaller not really sure if one is better than the other both hold nice fish seems to be more in the 1-2 lb range at creswell. have seen big fish come from both ponds though

S
specialk0082
Finneus Polebender said:
back pond is smaller not really sure if one is better than the other both hold nice fish seems to be more in the 1-2 lb range at creswell. have seen big fish come from both ponds though
is that the ponds by rays and is it good for plastic worm????

F
Finneus Polebender
specialk0082 said:
is that the ponds by rays and is it good for plastic worm????

yes front one access by taking left at rays swings around towards airport youll see where to park. to get to back one keep goin straight past rays past a couple streets on the left is a park with hoops and tennis courts parking / access back pond there. back pond access is not for the faint of heart very steep .Creswell was the pond where i first learned and perfected the rubber worm Also great for buzz baits later on .

S
specialk0082
Finneus Polebender said:
yes front one access by taking left at rays swings around towards airport youll see where to park. to get to back one keep goin straight past rays past a couple streets on the left is a park with hoops and tennis courts parking / access back pond there. back pond access is not for the faint of heart very steep .Creswell was the pond where i first learned and perfected the rubber worm Also great for buzz baits later on .
thanks, I been to the back pond last year but never the other one, hows the ohter pond???funny im kinda tryen to do the same thing,tryen to get the rubber worms down lol

S
specialk0082
im not sure what to bring to the pond, rubber worms for sure lol but does any body know what there hitting on so i kinda know what gear to bring,i gotta feeling topwater lure would be kinda good right about now but if sooo what kind?

F
Finneus Polebender
topwater lures

topwater lures

Ive used poppers, buzz baits, floatin rapalas, foatin hedon lookin thing with a tail, and frogs all with some degree of success out there and with the best first to last in that order. Once they really get to huntin theyll smack just about anything. I just wish this damn wind would give it a rest already wouldnt mind tryin some topwater tonight at creswell. oh and the poppers work awesome but only small LM and some bluegill /crappie. no real big fish on them. Like the terminator and booyah buzz baits

F
FishSlayer420
Yeah the wind gets pretty old quick not my favorite for fishin thats for sure. Bang em out tomorrow FP

F
Finneus Polebender
FishSlayer420 said:
Yeah the wind gets pretty old quick not my favorite for fishin thats for sure. Bang em out tomorrow FP

mornins have been much less windy think i will hit her early tommorrow just gotta figure where think my wife will be joining me so gotta pick a place with easy access front pond wouldnt be too bad might stay in town too got a couple here that need revisited.

F
Finneus Polebender
Took my wife out to Creswell ponds. Change of work plans. Landed me home early man the front pond is real low should of hit the back but didn't want to make the wife brave the very steep launch . No action in the front once again had two weird bites under one tree probably somethin small that was it . water is very warm gonna have to go topwater the back some soon. Place was kinda trashed out in the front would say its been hit pretty hard lately judgin by all the bait containers and such.

Noticed they have done much more to make the front accessible "probably not a good thing " between that and most of the cover being high and dry they are surely runnin out of places to hide.Think somthin must have washed out . all the incoming water is now only keeping the back full. Oh well perhaps if any beaver still survive they will get busy and get the front pond filling again.good luck out there hopefully this little lull will end soon FP