First time to the Owyhee

W
wetfly
Starting my 10 day trout bum trip with a trip to the Owyhee on Sunday and I'm looking for bug\pattern recommendations. Love wets and nymphs but open to anything, I'm not picky. The tying stuff will be making the trip so adaptations can be made...

Thanks for any input!

M
Modest_Man
Better pack your own riffle. Probably over a hundred guys fishing the 10 miles below the dam last weekend. Week days are much better. Streamers were easiest for us to pick up fish but I hate nymphing, so didn't do it. It may have been effective, I don't know. Hatches and surface feeding was almost non-existent though we did get a couple on dries.

EOBOY
EOBOY
Modest_Man said:
Better pack your own riffle. Probably over a hundred guys fishing the 10 miles below the dam last weekend. Week days are much better. Streamers were easiest for us to pick up fish but I hate nymphing, so didn't do it. It may have been effective, I don't know. Hatches and surface feeding was almost non-existent though we did get a couple on dries.
I was envious till I read your post...........ha

W
wetfly
Great thanks! I'm leaving extra early tomorrow morning for 3 (or so) days on the Owyhee then off to (probably) Mann Lake, Donner and Blitzen, Crooked, Metolius maybe Middle Fork of the Willamette and or McKenzie. It's a fish till you drop trip...

Thanks again...

W
wetfly
So, the Oyhee was blowing 25 with gusts to 50 so went to plan B. Went to the Metolius for the week with a couple side trips to the Middle Deschutes. Awesome trip!! Fished 7 days total, caught a few on the Metolius and more on the Deschutes. Perfect weather (mostly) and great scenery!!

EOBOY
EOBOY
This time of year the wind is no surprise, sorry you got blown away. Sounds like a good recovery though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk