First time out this year

D
davep
I have been really busy at work and haven't had a chance to steelhead fish this year till yesterday....I belong to a fishing club that has property on the trask and I have wanted to fish it but never had the chance till yesterday....Didn't arrive till 10:30...first cast, fish on...one of my best days ever ...6 hook ups...5 landed..all natives....and all on a orange and white jig/bobber rig...what a day

J
Jig'n
Thats one good way to unwind! Sounds like sweet day!:clap:

A
ArcticAmoeba
The Trask property is fantastic. I have only been once. The one that is shared with BCFC on Big Creek is also a great drift.

S
specialk0082
what place are you guys talken about?????

A
ArcticAmoeba
A piece of small private property on the Trask, and I mentioned another one on Big Creek. Nothin really special, but the lack of crowds on any P.P. is always a bonus this time of year. If you have a favorite river, and just know there is a good piece of water only accessible through a residents driveway, or yard. It never hurt me to drop a note in the mailbox. I have had on more than one occasion, the homeowner get back to me, and grant me access. I have a new one on Eagle Creek that all I have to do is help rake leaves this coming fall and give the nice old lady who lives there a slab or two during Coho season.

M
Mike123
davep said:
I have been really busy at work and haven't had a chance to steelhead fish this year till yesterday....I belong to a fishing club that has property on the trask and I have wanted to fish it but never had the chance till yesterday....Didn't arrive till 10:30...first cast, fish on...one of my best days ever ...6 hook ups...5 landed..all natives....and all on a orange and white jig/bobber rig...what a day

That sounds like an amazing trip! :clap:
Congrats!

D
davep
Thnx...

Thnx...

Catching the water just right...fish holding in expected spots...westerly pressure flow all add up to a good day...

F
FreshMoneyFisher
Is this fishing club property off of Nielson rd by any chance?

D
davep
Where?

Where?

Its the OFC trask 2 property

F
FreshMoneyFisher
davep said:
Its the OFC trask 2 property

Wow, that's great....congrats!

What a way to start the year!

What are your thoughts/comments on the OFC? I'd never heard of it before, but just checked out the website and it looks like a pretty great idea.

O
osmosis
OFC is fantastic. I am a life member.
Private property access is so much better than park acess that there is hardly any comparison, its like a whole new world, but still in oregon.

you get miles and miles of river acess, plus many privately regulated lakes. and by privately regulated I mean no seasons/year 'round fishing in the lakes. plus the trout average 14+ inches, some up to 6lbs.
You can't keep the trout except in a couple ponds (the kiddie ponds we call 'em), its a barbless single hook type deal but it is incredible fishin.

the river properties are state regulated so the rules still apply, but you can't beat hiking several miles of river and hardly ever running into another person.

F
fish_on!!!
I had a flyer of a fishing club(not sure if it was ofc) and was thinking about joining but didn't know if they had requirments, fees,ect... Can anyone inlightin me with some info?

D
davep
ofc

ofc

The best way is to go to OFC.org....all the info you want is on the website....

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Contacting OFC today....

Contacting OFC today....

osmosis said:
OFC is fantastic. I am a life member.
Private property access is so much better than park acess that there is hardly any comparison, its like a whole new world, but still in oregon.

you get miles and miles of river acess, plus many privately regulated lakes. and by privately regulated I mean no seasons/year 'round fishing in the lakes. plus the trout average 14+ inches, some up to 6lbs.
You can't keep the trout except in a couple ponds (the kiddie ponds we call 'em), its a barbless single hook type deal but it is incredible fishin.

the river properties are state regulated so the rules still apply, but you can't beat hiking several miles of river and hardly ever running into another person.

Osmosis;
Thanks for the encouraging endorsement of OFC. I am definitely going to be checking into investing in this,my favorite hobby. I need to dedicate more of my time to being on the water,any water, to become anywhere close to proficient at "catching".
I,for one,am glad to hear you are going to be guiding soon. :clap: Please let us know when it is official. I would love to be one of your first customers. I figure if you can teach an old dog like me to learn new methods (not tricks),you can teach the younguns much faster. Come to think of it, it may take a few trips if you're up to it. ;) Be safe.
Barb

A
ArcticAmoeba
The OFC still waters are woth it! Great fun for family, and when we get skunked on the Rivers, we can always go harass trout that are as big, or bigger than the Steelhead we were gonna catch! Great club for sure, and Bruce is a great guy to have at the helm.

F
FreshMoneyFisher
ArcticAmoeba said:
The OFC still waters are woth it! Great fun for family, and when we get skunked on the Rivers, we can always go harass trout that are as big, or bigger than the Steelhead we were gonna catch! Great club for sure, and Bruce is a great guy to have at the helm.

Osmo/AA, or anyone else,

I know you guys do a grip of fishing..... and landing for that matter....if you don't mind me asking, what percentage of your time on the water do you think you're taking advantage of OFC locations?

It sounds like a great idea, the OFC, I'm just wondering if you guys really utilize their sites time and time again, and if those sites have legit holes as claimed.

I'm sure the locations are as great as they say, just wanted to hear it from an actual fisherman that takes advantage of the OFC.

Thanks.

D
davep
ofc

ofc

Everybody is different....I use it 8 to 10 times monthly.

A
ArcticAmoeba
Osmosis, and myself, along with some of his friends. Have pulled over 300 fish that I'm aware of since Sept... Out of the two remaining Eagle Creek properties. And who knows how many more on the Clackamas property. The ones I have fished are legit, no crowds, no B.S., wicked awesome drifts/holes/runs. The Clack property drift is over 1200 feet long!

O
osmosis
Thats for sure. We have done an intense amount of fish killing from those properties.
Bruce is a good guy and doesn't BS to get more members.
The clack property for example is where every single fish that goes up eagle creek rests and "stages" waiting for the right water levels to take the left turn.

A big plus for me is that the members are for the most part respectful fishermen. You hardly ever find any trash laying around.
We all know most public locations have become dumps.

Last edited:
F
FreshMoneyFisher
osmosis said:
Thats for sure. We have done an intense amount of fish killing from those properties.
Bruce is a good guy and doesn't BS to get more members.
The clack property for example is where every single fish that goes up eagle creek rests and "stages" waiting for the right water levels to take the left turn.

A big plus for me is that the members are for the most part respectful fishermen. You hardly ever find any trash laying around.
We all know most public locations have become dumps.

Thanks for all the feedback fellas....sounds like a great organization.

Would be nice to roll out of bed a little later than usual on a busy weekend and stroll into an OFC site and not worry about crowds.