First time on the Mckenzie

EOBOY
EOBOY
Came to Springfield yesterday to see my son in his new home after moving from Milwaukie. We got up this morning to scout around and check out the fishing. Didn't go far from his house, about 8 miles. Found a place to pull over to look at the river and decided we would just do some plunking in a nice hole with a little seam. Had only been there about 20 min when I landed this. Saw a lot of Fly Fisherman in drift boats and all seemed to be doing good on Wooly Brown Buggers. Next time I will bring my canoe. His young pup had never seen a fish, he was more excited than me:D

• john1.JPG
T
Throbbit _Shane
Iv fished the stretches that are in town lately. Iv been in my toon from Hendricks Bridge to Armitage Park. And I gotta say fishing pretty good for trout all along there! They hit spoons quite well. Pretty fun river to float, but lots of people in inner tubes and rafts, and people on shore all having a good time. And it can be a good time watching some of them while floating down, especially the ladies who don't want tan lines :D

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Throbbit _Shane said:
Iv fished the stretches that are in town lately. Iv been in my toon from Hendricks Bridge to Armitage Park. And I gotta say fishing pretty good for trout all along there! They hit spoons quite well. Pretty fun river to float, but lots of people in inner tubes and rafts, and people on shore all having a good time. And it can be a good time watching some of them while floating down, especially the ladies who don't want tan lines :D

ah yes, the McKenzie seems to be famous for a variety of 'wildlife' :yikes:...I have never fished it but noticed the regulations are very complex, rules seem to change every mile or so...

C_Run
C_Run
We took our first and second trips to the McKenzie this past month with a guide. My wife has taken up sport fishing this year and things have been going her way. We like the McKenzie.I wish it was a bit closer.

EOBOY
EOBOY
Throbbit _Shane said:

Shane:

One thing I failed to mention was when my son and I got there there was Classical Music wafting across the river. A local guy about my age came down with an inner tube, but one like you would have in a pool, an Intex. He said the lady across the river blasted it day and night. Sure enough when John and I got there at 7 PM the music was still going. We fished till dark and it was going when we left.

Dana