First time for springers..pics

S
Santiam338
Ventured on up to Portland to try our hand at springers..Not bad for newbies..We went 8 for 14,released 2 high fins and brought home 6..

I kinda like springer fishing..:D

IMG_0638-1.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

IMG_0681-1.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

S
schroegp
Well done! I got 1 nice native the other day, but 8!!! Very well done!

R
RunWithSasquatch
:clap: Again, nice fish!

brandon4455
brandon4455
damn thats not a bad day at all. great job out there :clap:

S
shimano22
wish i had a boat that is a stones throw from where i live, nice fish!

S
Santiam338
brandon4455 said:
damn thats not a bad day at all. great job out there :clap:

Thats for the weekend...Sometimes we had LONG periods between strikes,but we just kept at it..

S
SALTYFISH
Good report. They are trick to hook in the willy.I'v been on 2 trips this year and i am 0-3 it's really starting to sting.

R
RunWithSasquatch
Any of you guys see the Ifish - fish that had about 6 plug cut herring in its belly after it got filleted? Its amazing what they can do.

J
JeannaJigs
Green with envy.

S
Santiam338
RunWithSasquatch said:
Any of you guys see the Ifish - fish that had about 6 plug cut herring in its belly after it got filleted? Its amazing what they can do.

I love that pic...I did learn one thing about springers..That you need to check your leader after every fish..I shoulda had another,but after a vicious strike I had no fish...Reeled in and I didn't have the back hook on my slider rig...Those teeth are BAD...LOL.I changed a few leaders after that..LOL

R
RunWithSasquatch
Haha, yeah my hands are always sore after dealing with one of them.....

Not to Hijack your thread to much, but I think its neat to see.

N
nativefish
OOOO makes me excited for when those fish make it into my river in good numbers!!!! Great job over the weekend guys

T
Thuggin4Life
Makes me wonder why I wasted my time on the Columbia. I need to learn the lower Willy trolling zones.

L
lilsalmon
M
metalfisher76
Thrashin `em! Noyce feesh!

troutdude
troutdude
2 days + 3 guys = 8 fish. I like that equation! Nice feesh guys!!!

S
Santiam338
I am going back up even if I have to take my driftboat and ROW!!!!:doh::D

J
JeannaJigs
Santiam338 said:
I am going back up even if I have to take my driftboat and ROW!!!!:doh::D

Haha must be damn good! This is a promising sign...was starting to think there might not be hope this year lol

R
RunWithSasquatch
Latch on to one of them big ass sturgeon up there Bill, tug you around just fine im sure.

S
Santiam338
JeannaJigs said:
Haha must be damn good! This is a promising sign...was starting to think there might not be hope this year lol

I meant DRIVE up there and troll with my oars..LOL I could row from here but the falls might be tricky..:pray:

I wonder if anybody has trolled salmon down there with thier oars?? Didn't seem like that much current to me..

HMMM???? LOL

I seen them sturgeon rolling..Got me to thinking..:think:

Last edited: