First time fishin.

S
SgtFish
I went fishin by myself for the first time on Saturday. I didn't really have a clue what i was doing but i must have done something right because i caught a fish. It was at Walter Wirth Lake about 8 or 9 inches long. It only took me about 30 minutes to cath it too!!

B
beaverfan
Congrats on your first fish!

A
Anyfishisfine
SgtFish said:
I went fishin by myself for the first time on Saturday. I didn't really have a clue what i was doing but i must have done something right because i caught a fish. It was at Walter Wirth Lake about 8 or 9 inches long. It only took me about 30 minutes to cath it too!!

Awesome, I'm sure it's the first of many. Welcome!

T
Troutier Bassier
Welcome to the forum!,
Nice job! If it was your first time fishing and you caught a 8-9 Incher. Thats not too bad.

Hope you catch a lot more.

C
Combat Chuck
Good job getting out by yourself, that seems to keep lots of people away. Its cool that you are going to remember your first fish, there is no way I could recall that... now I'm curious, I wonder if my parents even know. :think:

T
Troutweiser is lifeblood
Big Congrats!!!!

though i was raised on the river (here and in montana), i never took to the tru enjoyment of fishing until my early twenties.
hence, i don't think i ever caught a fish bigger than a couple inches until my early twenties
CombatChuck is absolutely right, 'going by yourself' is a major roadblock for many people who fish. i must say, i think you will 'catch' the addiction very quickly

~jack

J
JASMINE
BIG UP'S on your first fish!!! Going by yourself can be really nice once you get to it, kind of nerve racking if you dont have someone to man the net if it's a good fish though!

T
Troutweiser is lifeblood
<--------------THOROUGHLY agrees with Jasmine

R
Richard_Pirate4x4
what were you using ? I went out to Independence by myself and is was the first time I have fished in 5 years and the first time in Oregon , got a 6in. trout:lol: at least I didn't get skunked:dance:

R
Richard_Pirate4x4
I just got back from Walter Wirth , what a dump , trash every where , why can't these people clean up after them selves:mad: , watch ed drunk guy , he was about to lump off the little bridge into Mill Creek , he finally wised up and realized it wasn't a good idea:lol: